Character's lives and Game's check point

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by mmo822011, Apr 12, 2016.

1. mmo822011

mmo822011 Boxer

Hi everyone!!!

Could you please explain to me how to use character's lives and Game's check point ?

1. Character's lives

I see that we can set how many lives character has (such as 5 lives). But, what I can we do next with character lives ? For example, I'd live to lock the users 15 mins before they have the next live to play the game, or they have to use in game coins to buy live to continue to play the game. Yet, I don't know how to do next besides only set how many live the character has.

2. Game's checkpoint

I understand that the checkpoint is where the game continue if the character die. But, whenever the character die, the game over screen is shown and when I click on the restart button, the game would begin at the start again. am I understanding wrongly ? Please clarify how to use power up called check point (I'm working on an endless game)

Thanks

2. nayamamarshe

nayamamarshe Avid Boxer

1. For character's lives use objects' Health and Damage option in Advanced Options.
    2.For checkpoint, set the restart button as Restart Checkpoint.

mmo822011 likes this.
  3. mmo822011

mmo822011 Boxer

Thanks @nayamamarshe, now I understand how to work with checkpoint. However, I'm not quite clear about lives. Yes, I understand that we can set Health to affect character's live. What I'm confused is after users run out of lives, they can continues to play the game. So, what character's lives is used for? I guess there is some way to lock the user within a certain amount of time (such as: 15 minutes) so that next life is filled and they can continue to play, or if they don't want to wait, they have to buy lives with in game coins or in-app purchase. Now, I can only set the character has 5 lives, and I have no idea what to do next with character's lives. Hope you understand my point.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    Forgive likes this.
  4. mmo822011

mmo822011 Boxer

Anyone else know about character's lives? Please, besides setting the lives in ''advance component'' of character, I get stuck and don't know what to next with character's lives. For instance, I'd like the game locked every 15 mins when the players run out of character's lives and wait until the next life is filled so that they can continue to play the game, or they have to purchase lives using in-game currency or in-app purchase if they want to continue immediately. I get stuck 2 days on this issue and have to idea how to solve this thing

Forgive likes this.
  5. CHAF

CHAF Boxer

6. Forgive

Forgive Boxer

Did you solve the problem?