Official Comments Thread For Buildbox 3.1.3

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Hue Buildbox, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Miko Buildbox

Miko Buildbox Moderator Staff Member

Let's try navigating to these folders and deleting all modules and then restarting Buildbox should fix this:

On Mac:

/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/eightcell/Buildbox/com.eightcell.buildbox/modules

On Win:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\eightcell\BuildBox\com.eightcell.buildbox\modules

Hue Buildbox likes this.
  2. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

@Sean Buildbox
    Android BUG: Unable to terminate the application by the BACK key / button on Android devices

Cannot exit the game when press the back key. When press the Back key, nothing happens on the device. The game should go background or terminate when the back button on Android is pressed.

3. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Another issue with BB 3.1.3 is when I use Pause (Navigation button -> Pause), when resume it does not save from where I left off and starts from the beginning. So it does not act as “pause” to continue, it acts like pause to start over!

4. Hanomax

Hanomax Avid Boxer

One problem with 2D worlds. Duplicating scenes creates Actor from start scene (grayed out Actor + active Actor).
    And when building scenes, grayed out Actor often moves down in hierarchy tree.

5. Miko Buildbox

Miko Buildbox Moderator Staff Member

On the game over screen, place a navigation button and set it to keyboard key B. Then, on Mind Map route the navigation button to wherever you'd like the Back button to go instead. This will override the issue and the default for the Back button on device.

6. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

@Sean Buildbox Hi Sean the previous version had the same problem as well but when I saw this thread I thought would be better if I shared it here. Yes I guess it has got to do with the Scene Length cause some of my scenes are 400 long.

7. Ivan Perfetti

Ivan Perfetti Avid Boxer

@Sean Buildbox Annoying and quite limiting bug: if you add an attribute of type text to a node and then try to change the attribute's name from 'Untitled' to anything else Buildbox crashes, tested with a few bbdocs, it always happens.
    Has anybody else experienced this?
    Here are the last lines from the debuglog:

Debug: Stack Push 0x22c4cbb0 : "Select Model"
    Debug: Stack Push 0xf404460 : "Change Attributes"
    Debug: timeline: PTAnimationEditorTimelineWidget(0x36e5d4c0, name="timeline")
    Warning: QObject::connect: No such slot PTAnimationWidget::eek:nFrameDeleteRequest( int )
    Warning: QObject::connect: (sender name: 'timeline')
    Warning: QObject::connect: (receiver name: 'PTAnimationWidget')
    Warning: QCoreApplication::postEvent: Unexpected null receiver
    Debug: Icon not found ":/resources/components/Custom_node.svg" of "Custom" [ "Custom" ]
    Debug: Icon not found ":/resources/components/ColorAnimation.svg" of "ColorAnimation" [ "Color Animation" ]
    Debug: Stack Push 0x376ca208 : "Select Model"
    Debug: Icon not found ":/resources/components/Custom_node.svg" of "Custom" [ "Custom" ]
    Debug: Stack Push 0x3736db18 : "Change Attributes"
    Warning: QImage::scaleWidth: Image is a null image
    Debug: Stack Push 0x43e25948 : "Add Attribute"
    Debug: Bugsplat exception caught
    Debug: Exception code 3221225477 Accesso a posizione di memoria non valido.

at 0x60068310

8. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Reproducing this as well. Will have the team attend to it pronto

Ivan Perfetti likes this.
  9. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Hi Miko, I am not sure I understand what you are saying here. This nav. button with keyboard “B” will go to Nav. button (exit), but how that’s going to override the issue, since the back button can be pressed anytime during gameplay or game over?

Where should I place this navigation button?
    What should be the output for that navigation button? Exit, custom, or something else?

Itzo

10. aoune_l

aoune_l Boxer

Hi guys, Just to mention that in Preview shadows are not casting , i dont know if it's a bug or because it's not optimise for intel HD3000 garphic card

11. shahar.m192

shahar.m192 Avid Boxer

there still the problem when I copy an object with several linkers then the linkers are not copied.
    and still in my game on android phone, after 2 minutes of gameplay, the sound is off.

12. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

Brainbox issues. 1, Platform - There is no Jump Count 2. Health - At 1 & effected Asset on all. I die instantly by nothing. At 10 continuously get hit by nothing. Effected Asset on anything else die from 1 hit no matter how high health is set at.