Newbie : Template Previews Won't Display / Run

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Zath, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Zath

Zath Boxer

Newbie : Template previews won't display / run

Hello.
    I'm a total newbie to all this so be gentle !
    When I open Buildbox, I eventually get the display of multiple templates, all of which move when I mouse over them.
    Double clicking one to open it works but when I click the play button on the top right area, the game window opens but I can't seem to see any gameplay. Eventually it will time out or the char will die and I get game over.

2. Blackbird Games Studio

Blackbird Games Studio Boxer

Hi, could you please check if the camera position is causing this issue, you can test this by putting several other objects in the scene and see if nothing is displayed on the preview window or some of those objects will start to appear now

3. Zath

Zath Boxer

I have tried moving the camera position, screen res, % up and down and still see nothing.
    I tried the totally new game and get the basic start with the Buildbox logo and "your logo" option. Even that doesn't show anything.
    Some previews show a brief movement and then I get a game over.
    The game frequently crashes and sends error reports. Would they say that my machine is missing dlls or apps etc. ?
    I usually ditch stuff I cant get to work due to errors but having paid a lot of money, I want this to work.
    Thanks for any further help.

I try to preview ISO CAR and it crashes and sends an error report.
    What does ISO CAR need to run ?
    This might help me learn whats wrong with my setup.
    I had it with the earlier BB3 and now the very latest BB3

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  4. Zath

Zath Boxer

5. Zath

Zath Boxer

How do I know if I have all the resources loaded in BB3.1.3 ?
    The templates run as line drawings in debug mode. When running normally, they are blank.
    Can anyone make or direct me to a very basic completed BB3 exe that I could run. If this runs on my machine, does it suggest I should see objects within BB3 ?

Thanks

6. Zath

Zath Boxer

Surely some wiz behind the coding of BB can help me resolve this ?

7. Zath

Zath Boxer

This latest update has stopped BB from crashing and sending error reports, so that's an improvement.
    I can now see some framework style demos play under debug mode. They will not display in normal mode.

Does anyone read my messages, does anyone have access to the coders of BB to see what's going on ?
    Call me a mug if you like but I've paid good money for this software and, as yet, not even got it to run properly, let alone even attempt to make a game.
    HELP PLEASE.

8. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hey Zath, will DM you. In the future if anything is high priority don't hesitate to DM here or Discord or email support@buildbox.com and we'll ensure you get resolved ;)

9. Zath

Zath Boxer

Thanks for the response.