Can't Seem To Get The Collisions Right

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by OceSetThisCannotBeChanged, Jan 22, 2020.

1. OceSetThisCannotBeChanged

OceSetThisCannotBeChanged Boxer

Hey guys,
    I really do like how the dragging and the physics interactions with the yellow physics cubes works here. However I have two main problems:
    1. I can't seem to get the collision with the obstacles (the white cubes) to work.
    2. Also I'd like my character not to be so 'overpowered' and actually get stuck when I try to push a physics box (yellow) into an obstacle (white box). Any inputs on how to fix that?

EDIT:
    So the first thing I thought of was was to set the character physics to dynamic. It does fix the interaction with the obstacles (maybe some tweaking needed with the yellow physics boxes) however it completely messes up the controls (see video below). The character keeps moving in any given direction unless given another impulse to go in to another. Unlike before where it (roughly) followed the position of the finger on the screen.

This is definitely not an option.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  2. Smart Penguins

Smart Penguins Boxer

Do you think this will work for what you are trying to do?

3. OceSetThisCannotBeChanged

OceSetThisCannotBeChanged Boxer

You are an absolute legend. I didn’t know about the ‘link objects’ function. Thanks a lot!!