World Select Screen Where User Has To Click 'start'

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by cokercola, Jan 19, 2020.

1. cokercola

cokercola Boxer

In BB2 I have 2 worlds. I'm attempting to create a 'world select' screen where the user would select one of two worlds, then select 'start', and that would take the user to the world they selected.
    Currently only able to create screen where when you select the world it goes directly to the world.

2. Blackbird Games Studio

Blackbird Games Studio Boxer

I would suggest the following:
    1) In the world select screen you will add navigation buttons, one for each world
    2) Then from the mind map you will link each of these navigation buttons to a UI
    3) In the UI you will add a new navigation button
    4) And again from the mind map you will link the UI navigation button to the world load, so if you name this last button as 'Start' the user will have to click on it to access the chosen world
    The draw back here is that you will need to replicate the UIs according to how many worlds you have, such as one UI per world

Let me know if this worked for you, or if you are still facing issues I can create for you a sample BB2 bbdoc file?

3. cokercola

cokercola Boxer

Thanks for the feedback.
    I created a separate UI for each world and connected the world select UI to each of those. This seems to work...or at least brings you to that UI, but it seems to just go to a blank screen. I may need a sample if it isn't too much trouble.

Also, your game 'Fluffy Sphera' looks cool. I hope it's a hit for you.

4. Blackbird Games Studio

Blackbird Games Studio Boxer

Check the below bbdoc file, after you click '1' or '2' in the world select screen you will find either 'Start World 1' or 'Start World 2', click in the middle of it and you will be transferred to the corresponding world, here I used labels but of course in your case you need to use an image that has something like 'Start World' or whatever message you need to display

bbdoc: https://drive.google.com/open?id=10GoJYPG_D31ztATaRGsxTU3A_i4y5Wil

Good Luck :)

cokercola likes this.
  5. cokercola

cokercola Boxer

Thanks Ayman. I was able to get it to function with that information.