Project Crashes On Load Bb 3.1.2 Beta

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by TheGameAppStudio, Jan 10, 2020.

1. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

@NikRudenko @Sean Buildbox
    Hi,
    My 1 month of hard work lost with a glitch .The game that i made for last Buildbox game jam was close to completion and was supposed to release within 1-2 days when an unexpected thing happen.I used to back up bbdoc every now and then but the last one had undergone major changes with more levels and features.
    It was on yesterday night ( 09 Jan 2020 ) when this happened.While i was closing buildbox i got a message popup that would u like to save changes.I simply clicked yes and closed the laptop and Today morning when i load buildbox 3.1.2 beta i got a warning .I knew something bad is going to happen today .I got a popup maximum capacity reached as i was using different ISP that i usually use with buildbox for a switch over when failed server message appears.I am using single license on just 1 device i.e Mac and yet i got this message.So i reconnected with my old ISP after troubleshooting and viola Buildbox loaded when the unfortunate thing happened.
    The file that i saved yesterday doesn't gets opened and also crashes Buildbox App several times.And unfortunately i don't have backup of this version and been trying to load the file again and again and again.
    Does anyone know how to fix this? OR should i move on ....? Its all because of a stupid glitch with Buildbox saving of file on close.Never happened before and i feel too bad as the time spend on this project had gone waste.
    I have send an email to support with the bbdoc file and am still waiting for the solution.
    I would like to know if there is a way to restore old bbdoc based on timestamp just like we restore a windows OS ? If so what's the folder where the logs are stored in Mac?

Kindly reply

2. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hey there bud, sorry to hear this. I will DM you on this and see if we don't have a backup or can repair the file.

Logs are kept in ~/Library/Preferences/com.eightcell.buildbox3/ typically

3. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Hi,
    Thanks for the response.Any updates?