Locking characters to purchase with in game currency

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by smnly, Jan 14, 2016.

1. smnly

smnly Boxer

Hey,

Im just about finished with my game but theres one thing I cannot figure out before I submit.

I have about 20 characters that are available to purchase by in game currency. I have gone through every single one they are all locked with the set amount etc. When I test the game on build box they are all locked. When I run the game on my iPhone only 3 of the characters are locked the rest are unlocked.

I have tried multiple times and it never seems to work.

Anyone know why?

Luke.

2. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Can you post screenshots of your settings?

3. smnly

smnly Boxer

I have the same settings throughout all the characters but only 3 seem to be locked when I test it. Actually, I just ran a build on Xcode they were all locked - its only when I test via TestFlight that they are all unlocked.

Attached Files:

4. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Your screenshot is not appearing

5. smnly

smnly Boxer

how about now?
    You tried to click it? that worked for me.
    [​IMG]

6. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Thats very weird. You're best bet is to contact support@buildbox.com and have them take a look at your project

7. Gregory Storm

Gregory Storm Avid Boxer

Did you ever solve your issue?

8. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

don't you need a locked animation for the character to appear locked in the selection area?

9. CoffeeNinja

CoffeeNinja Boxer

I added smaller set of animations for Character Icons (in idle) but when I choose the Multiple Character Unlock, the characters are WAY too big! How can I re-size them? First time I just tried the regular idle animations, but they were too big, so I shrunk them down and re-named them too.. but they are still showing really big!

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

10. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

The multiple unlock uses the default size of your imported graphic. You can't change its size. Change it outside of Buildbox and re-import. in general use always a 1:1 ratio of all your graphics. Never scale down in Buildbox or you will have performance problems.

11. CoffeeNinja

CoffeeNinja Boxer

Thanks, yes I did re-import a smaller version for the character icon.. but maybe it was caching my default idle character animation size that was much bigger? It seems that once it was placed it didn't want to refresh to the smaller size. SO I shrunk it again and tried the single character unlock and it was really tiny! lol But then I tried multiple again and they were still too big.

I think I'm going to just delete my character, re-size all my animations and re-import.