Having A Problem With Scoring In Different Worlds

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by volcank, Dec 31, 2019.

Tags:
  1. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi everyone,

First of all Happy New Year and I wish everyone a great 2020!
    I am currently having a problem with score in UI in BB3 ver 3.1.2 #3420. I have 2 different worlds and I redirect the player to the second world after some amount of score let's say when player reaches 100. I do this by using event obsorver in UI. When I start the next stage the score sets back to 0 which I don't want. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks. @Sean Buildbox @NikRudenko

2. Elite Games

Elite Games Avid Boxer

U need to save score in Settings Class
    Create a variable . assign current score to that and save that in settings then when next world load u need to fetch score which u save early and assign that to current score.

volcank likes this.
  3. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Yes thank you but is there a way to do it with no code using nodes only? I dont know coding. Or if you could share the code with a short tutorial that would be awesome. Thanks.

4. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

Hi,
    Did you try setting to total coins or points based on your preference?

volcank likes this.
  5. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi you mean when I am using the add point node right? Yes I tried that and it also never worked. Also I don't want my points to be always total like collecting coins I want them to be "0" again when a new game starts. Only I am trying to change the worlds during gameplay like using Event observer calculating "session points" if it is 100 then go to next world etc. But that makes the score "0".

6. TheGameAppStudio

I would say set an UI with world one .Set it as current score session.On reaching 100 go to next world.Add a separate UI for world 2 with total coins/points.So when the player moves to next world the previous score would be shown.
    And for making it 0 if the player doesn't score 100 in world 1 and gets out then set a defeat function pointing to reset score on defeat.
    Hope this helps

volcank likes this.
  7. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Ok man thank you will check it out! Actually I was planning to make like 4-5 worlds with different themes and make the player jump one after another. anyway maybe need to make it in 1 world with scenes. Thanks a lot.

TheGameAppStudio likes this.
  8. TheGameAppStudio

Take a look at this link https://www.buildbox.com/forum/inde...levels-by-worlds-in-bb3-for-non-coders.18013/
    You can add as many levels as you want.Making 1 world with scenes is a tedious process as we can't use menu jump like in 2.3.7 .
    Just for my understanding could you make it little bit clear? First post you said score turns to 0 on navigating to world 2 which you don't want.In second thread you said score must be 0 :p .

volcank likes this.
  9. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Ok thank you will check it out! The last time I tried this template didn't seem to work in my Mac don't know why. Still thanks a lot to @particles he is contributing a lot for the community be it Monetizing or be it templates which should be seen I think. Ok the thing is what I was planning is actually make almost like a long endless game but during gameplay I would change the worlds to give variety to the player. So I am planning to make different worlds with like different backgrounds 3d models etc so player will jump one from to another with only 1 gameplay. Imagine old racing game Outrun the car would start sea side then go to desert then etc.which would like make the environment change in 1 gameplay. For this to happen the score should always be saved in all worlds like from where the player left off etc. And this also should be applicable anyway. Imagine you are playing a platformer game and you collect points by jumping on enemies etc then you jump to level 2 and what the score will be set to 0? You know what I mean. Anyways. Thanks a lot for the help.

particles and TheGameAppStudio like this.
  10. TheGameAppStudio

You are welcome .Based on your requirements i believe this template would be helpful.I mean its apt.This template by @particles really helped me.My winter game that i made for this gamejam was discarded by me for release as i had the exact problem with unlimited gameplay.I kept on messaging the team buildbox and asked for solution on this forum .But since everyone was busy with Holidays which i can't blame i didn't get any help.Of course @Josh (Nology Games) at least responded.Which i ran to this thread by @particles that was a life saver for my project.I might release the Winter game this month :p I think its better to be on store than with me at least for the hardwork.
    And regarding you game i suggest you to use both coins and points.Just change addpoints to addcoins in add points node after double clicking it.So you could count coins for each sessions and points as level count.

particles and volcank like this.