Buildbox Pro Price .... For One Year ...joke ???

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by HG-2018, Dec 19, 2019.

1. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

Yes, everything you write is great, but the problem is that a lot of projects were finished with Buildbox 2 and I bought the license. Why don't you splitter the license in Buildbox 2 (make it cheaper) and 3 the price that is currently? As I said I started my new project with Buildbox 2, because Buildbox 3 was too faulty for me. Ok you are also working on updates and as it seems buildbox 3 is getting better and better, no my interest is still in the 2 version to update my old games and finish my new project.

2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

if there is an issue, send an email to support@buildbox.com at least that way we will be able to fix it and make it work for not only you, but others as well

diamdiamubi likes this.
  3. Josh (Nology Games)

Buildbox 2 has many limitations on both the user side and on our side. Buildbox 3 has removed these exact issues and we have even added the export ability so people can update their games. its not perfect yet as its turning advanced moves into nodes. but with the help of out loyal customers, we will be able to fix this issue. it would be great if you can send a BBDoc from BB2 (before Export) and BB3 (after Export) as it will get us there quicker.

diamdiamubi likes this.
  4. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

hi josh
    for me I manage to do something good with the bb2 and I find that it is complete but missing some update to fix small bugs so I think two or three update will be enough for the bb2 to be perfect

5. Bob S

Bob S Boxer

I've been upset with the Buildbox price structure for probably 5 years now. That's why I never seem to subscribe very long because I'm always disappointed and we continue to go down this same road with them. I recall about 5 years ago or so that you had to pay I think a one-time purchase price of $1500 to buy the software. What average person is going to spend $1500 on software? I think that's insane. Then eventually, they went to this monthly model where the low end was something like $15 and the Pro version was something like $35. I recall something like that this past year. That's more reasonable but the problem with that is the $15 version is restrictive AND you have to pay $15 a month just to try to learn how to develop in it. I tried that for like 2-3 months on different occasions and each time unsubscribing because the software can't do the things I would think it could do. So, back to Unity I went or another software package I've used in the past to publish 4 games with. Now, I was excited to see that they are finally offering a FREE version. But then, they charge you $60 if you want to actually use the full features. Seems like that price was more like DOUBLE what the old Pro price used to be. I think that's LUDICROUS. And now that I'm signed up for the FREE account, I have no way that I can tell to actually develop in 2D. I'm only provided the 3D development software.

What they need to do is provide a FREE version with ALL of the typical options EXCEPT being able to publish. Why not allow someone to really work with the software, develop games, and then give them the option to publish with a paid version and maybe a minimum subscription. I'd be more than happy to have all of the options, really see if I can do the things I want to do, and then pay the subscription price once I have realized it can produce what I'd like. Now you provide FREE "and" you limit me. That doesn't help.

Seriously, for me personally, I won't pay the subscription price until I am able to see if this software can do what I'd like to be able to do. And if it's going to be $60 a month, I might not even continue down this road. Like I said before, I've been going back and forth with Buildbox now for 5 years. Every single time I do, I end up being disappointed and frustrated and I stop using it.

I have no idea what Trey is doing other than trying to puff up his wallet. That doesn't help the Buildbox community when all I seem to see from him are dollar signs. To me, that's now how I would run a company like this.

6. Bob S

Bob S Boxer

Hi Josh. Where is the 2D option within Buildbox 3? There used to be 2D templates but all I see are 3D templates now. Seems like all of the 2D functionality is gone but maybe I just don't know where to look. I'm more interested in developing 2D games right now than 3D.

7. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Boxer

The only real limitation is being able to have only 1 world. You can do 2D dev in the new BB 3 — I watched a video about that just a day or two ago.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  8. Josh (Nology Games)

For those who do want to make a 2D game in BB3z the option is in the mind map to create one of 4 things
    1. 2D world
    2. 3D world
    3. UI
    4 Randomiser

and that last one is something that I always wanted in BB2

9. Bob S

Bob S Boxer

Wow, Unity lets you use their software for free. Lots of these companies like this offer their software for free. Interesting that you can play Fortnite for free. All of the big name games are free. Not sure where you've been. I'm not embarrassed to post this at all. You should be embarrassed with your uninformed reply. I never said I wouldn't pay for Buildbox. My issue is that if you're going to provide a Free version of your software, give everyone all of the features so they can test it all out for free. Maybe just not let them publish anything. That to me would be a much better model. And also, I bought software 6 years ago called App Game Kit and published 4 games with it. Cost me about $120 for it as a one time fee. Now here with Buildbox's latest pricing, you have to pay $60 per month. That's $720 per year for their software. I just think that's absurd and many people agree with me. Yes, I know, you're not one of them.

I think a lot of what Buildbox is doing is great. I even reached out to AppOnBoard CEO who bought Buildbox and voiced my comments about how they could make a better no-code solution. Trey got copied on my email and both of them thanked me for their comments and said they would take them to heart. I think this Free solution is a start but I personally don't think they've gotten it right yet. I think this is going in the right direction. I just think they need to tweak their pricing model yet and get it better in line.

10. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

after a year of waiting for easy ads on BB3 my subscription expired about 3 weeks ago and I refuse to renew.
    now trying BB free but keep getting activation failed after entering key that was emailed. I did delete the com.eightcell.buildbox folder but still getting the error.....:(:(:(:(:(

11. Josh (Nology Games)

we actually want our members to be able to publish still. We had to add a couple limitations. Think about this though, if you released a game and it started to do well, you could get the pro version, update it, and get rid of those limitations. We offered the free version so users could get the hang of it and have complete confidence in their abilities before making a financial commitment.

as far as the pro price, it’s actually really cheap. I spent $99 a month for Buildbox 2 at one stage and I knew it was worth it. We also offer special deals every once in a while. I’m pretty sure we have members who only pay $199 a year. That’s a pretty good deal. Another thing to keep in mind is we do actually value your opinion it I would kindly ask you not to tell other members that they should be embarrassed about something that they say. Aside from that, thank you for sharing your comments

Jay Jennings likes this.
  12. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Will DM you

13. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer

WTF ? I’m paying $100 a month for Pro and it’s only $59? That’s BS ! They have let me just keep paying $100 instead of just not charging me and automatically adjust my rate? @TreySmith how about an answer to this?

14. Josh (Nology Games)

said a message to support@buildbox.com, we can change it for it. Unfortunately its not an automatic process as it wouldn't be fair for uses if they had a cheaper price and it automatically went up.
    but we will gladly help you.

15. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer

Wouldn’t be fair? If the price was going to go up I’m sure they would ya e let me know. Letting me keep paying a higher price with no contact as some sort of not fair to others is NOT a good explanation.

16. Josh (Nology Games)

Actually, we give everyone equal chance to see upcoming prices. they were posted on out blog posts. we also have specials that we other no other through our blog but email to our customers.

17. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer

Ok your right. I should have read the blog and I just looked through my emails. I don’t see anything about price changes being sent to me.

18. Josh (Nology Games)

message support@buildbox.com, we can fix the price up for you.

19. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

The buildboxer must be like Rambo: ready for anything. :)