A list of new features in BB2!

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by dan_counsell, Jan 13, 2016.

1. dan_counsell

dan_counsell Avid Boxer

I thought it'd be fun to start thread where we can list out the cool new little features we've come across in BB2 (as not everything was mentioned in the video @TreySmith did).

I'll go first…

There's now separate actions for "Sound Effects" and "Background Music". This will allow you to have separate buttons in the UI for each action. The audio button now has a "Sound is OFF" alt image too. Cool Stuff!

Screen Shot 2016-01-13 at 15.33.41.png

2. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

Very cool, nice find @dan_counsell :)

3. pfg215

pfg215 Avid Boxer

There should be a volume setting :)

4. dan_counsell

dan_counsell Avid Boxer

That's what the volume slider/buttons on the phone are for ;)

nickm33 and Simon Crack like this.
  5. pfg215

pfg215 Avid Boxer

Well I've encountered were the sound effects were either much higher or lower then the music and vise versa. Like that you could adjust the sound and music to your settings. So when I was testing out one of the games I was making, the sound effect was way to low compared to the music, and there was no way to higher the volume on the sound effect..

nickm33 and GTE Games like this.
  6. nickm33

nickm33 Boxer

I had something similar happen when I was making Kitty Kites and I just used Audacity to adjust the volume of the file and then re-imported it into BB1. It's suuper easy to use and make quick adjustments to sound files. It will do everything you need if you want to trim and edit the sounds further, as you would with some big sound software. And it's FREE!! :D

Cheers!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2016
    pfg215 likes this.