How Do I Make And Shuffle A Deck Of Cards?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Sozo, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Sozo

Sozo Boxer

i want to design a card app. How can I make a deck of cards and share 5 random cards?

2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

no one has done this yet, so it’s hard to give you the answer. However, we recommend working to achieve it in phases. Like, start with creating a deck, the next step might be picking one random card from the deck. If you can figure that out, the rest will come to you quite easily

3. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Boxer

I thought that might be fun to figure out so I started working on that problem this evening -- but I'm SO new at Buildbox (I think less than 4 hours total?) that's it's 2 steps forward, 1 step back. And sometimes 3 steps back! :)

But, I'm starting to get somewhere. Here's a really quick look at what I did tonight:

I'm going to play around with it more tomorrow, but I probably need to stop and go through some of the tutorials so I know more about what I can and can't do in BB.

4. Josh (Nology Games)

You took what I said and went ahead and did it! I love it. Keep up the fantastic work, Because this was really impressive

Jay Jennings likes this.
  5. Josh (Nology Games)

@Jay Jennings if you place four different UI buttons in the UI menu so they are Layered over the decks, you can then change connect the decks to each button so that when you touch the the individual deck, you can pick a shuffled card from it.

Jay Jennings likes this.
  6. Ragevortex

Ragevortex Boxer

One of my next projects is making a combat card game for kids but I'm new to build box from construct 2 I'm working on replicating (improving) my freefallbird game in build box if possible. If someone figures out the random card thing and possible a display up to 7 would be good. Logic tells me one would need to pick one card at random from the a given "list" of cards in the deck, mark it or subtract it from the list of available cards then repeat said process per card you're drawing... at least that would be my shot at it. I would even go as far as making the list first then "shuffling/randomizing"it first then draw and remove from the list in that same order the amount of times drawn. Don't mind me I'm just thinking out loud. I hope someone comes up with good ideas for this I wanna get that project going as well.