How Do I Make A Coin That Can Only Be Collected Once?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by DarkSandwich, Dec 25, 2019.

1. DarkSandwich

DarkSandwich Boxer

How do I make a Coin that can only be collected once? If I return back to the same level, I wont see the Coin collected in the past.

2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

If it’s in BB2 it can’t be done. In BB3 it will require coding. My guess would be creating a unique ID for each coin. Though I am not sure. However, when ever I am making making games and I can’t figure out how to achieve something, I generally just go to an outsourcing app and hire someone there to make it

3. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

Try this. In the coin instead of if collide -> remove
    use
    if collide -> send (give unique name) -> receive (same unique name) -> remove.
    Not sure if it will work in this case but this removes all coins with the same name and not just the one that collided.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
    Josh (Nology Games) likes this.
  4. DarkSandwich

DarkSandwich Boxer

Yep its for BB3, Josh. Hanomax shared me a demo and able to achieve this with coding. I'm still tinkering around and trying to apply it into my game.

Thanks for the suggestion, Jack. I've tried using this flow but the coin respawns when I replay the same level. It works by removing every other coins like you've said.

Josh (Nology Games) likes this.
  5. TheGameAppStudio

TheGameAppStudio Serious Boxer

@DarkSandwich A suggestion that i would like to make is, if the player gets defeated after collecting coin then add Score -1 on defeat to remove that coin.So that the player could only collect the coin once.