Buildbox Pro Price .... For One Year ...joke ???

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by HG-2018, Dec 19, 2019.

1. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

This is a joke 59 dollars a month buildbox, I would like to continue using the Pro version, but not for that much money. First it was very expensive then cheaper and now it's expensive again. That's the way I feel, I'm willing to pay 299 dollars as usual but not 499 per year ....

2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

@HG-2018are you currently subscribed?

3. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

If you are currently a subscriber, you'll be able to keep your current price point. ;)
    Hope this helps!

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  4. Brnju Shla

Brnju Shla Boxer

I'am a free user and glad for it. But it's not fair to punish the loyal paying customers like that.

5. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

There is not a punishment. Customers who have had different price points will get to keep them

Hue Buildbox and HG-2018 like this.
  6. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

Yes I am but still I do not find it so high in the price to make. 299 dollars was and is not little but ok.

7. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

I currently have a subscription of $ 35 a month. If I change to Pro $ 59 a month, will I also have access to BB2 as it was before ??? I am already lost ;) @Josh (Nology Games)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
  8. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

I was used to paying $99 a month. So $59 a month was a godsend. I caught their deal for $299 a year which sure beats $1,200. So I’m happy. But also it makes sense the price raise. They literally are giving everyone free access and the opportunity to do great things for free, and if you make money take a cut (which you can then use to upgrade lol) so the price raise makes total sense. Because they are giving half their software away so they have to make up for it to stay afloat. Also you have to think that IF you don’t want to pay whatever yearly amount, then you don’t HAVE to and can jump to free version. All in all I’m just glad we don’t have to pay $100 a month anymore. Even tho I would still pay it like I have been for over 2 and a half years because it’s worth it. But super glad. Lol.

9. MickMick93

MickMick93 Boxer

The free version being restricted to one world sort of makes it pointless for people who want to make something other than a one level hyper casual game.

10. Josh (Nology Games)

As a subscriber, you will only pay $299 a year, as long as the subscription stays active.

No one is being punished at all. Anyone who has a smaller priced subscription will get to keep that price point. Technically, it’s seen as rewarding our loyal customers.

If you want access to BB2 and you don’t already have it, you could message Support@buildbox.com as we would be happy to give it to you. That’s if you don’t already have it.
    I 100% agree. I used to pay the $99 USD (while in Australia) and I knew that even that was worth it. Now, our software has gotten better and now with the free version it is capable of reaching way more people who wouldn’t have come close to being able to pay that.
    With unlimited scenes and the new design of Buildbox. You can do so much in one world. However, think of it this way. Now you can because a master of Buildbox without even paying a cent. So when you do finally upgrade, you can focus on making great games and not have to be in the learning process while paying anything.

diamdiamubi likes this.
  11. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

@Josh (Nology Games) @Sean Buildbox
    I have BB2 in my subscription $ 35 and everything is okay. I just ask if after switching to Pro with monthly payment of $ 59 my access to BB2 without a problem ??

12. Josh (Nology Games)

Oh, there won’t be a problem at all. You already have BB2 so you won’t lose it. I believe even people who still have BB1 still have it on their account.

Jaro and Sean Buildbox like this.
  13. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Many thanks Josh. This should be explained to users. Thanks for help :)

14. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Also remember that even with 1 world, you can make many levels via scenes. So if you want player to advance through say, snowy levels into lava levels into beach levels, just make it so the further they get t the level changes live in game, versus backing out to menu and selecting lava level etc. it’s seamless gameplay which people love and doesn’t stop you at all. Or just make one world and one scene and make it super large world to explore. You can still develop multi worlds in one world.

Jay Jennings likes this.
  15. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

I have one more thing. Since I am more of a buildbox 2 fan and unfortunately none of my projects works on 3, it would be great if buildbox 2 is not forgotten or if buildbox 3 gets all the features of 2 integrated, so that I can continue working with the 3 version. It takes a long time until updates to buildbox 2 are available and unfortunately 2D is less and less supported in the buildbox world ... ;)

I'm more of a 2D fan, I know you want to put more work into Buildbox 3 but don't forget the 2 user or improve the import of old 2 projects. It's been ages since the 3 version was released and old projects are unplayable, even the animated character doesn't work.

16. Josh (Nology Games)

We completely understand what you are saying, and we haven’t forgotten about 2D games at all. Buildbox 3 is now fully capable of making a start to finish 2D game. In fact, it’s better at it than Buildbox 2 was because you can do more. As far as your games not importing correctly, I think it might be a good idea to send both BBDOCs to support@buildbox.com and to explain what the issue is. We can only fix what we know about after all. We would love to improve our software so there is no issue on the process of converting.

as far as all of the features, I’m assuming that you mean the advanced moves. Our node system is pretty much like that, expect instead of changing the setting for an advance more and adding many other advanced moves, you have the ability to use your node mind map and pull out all the nodes that you need (which is pretty much the settings from the advanced moves) and link them together. It’s actually easier than the advance nice system once you get used to it, and you can do so much more. We are at a point where you can make a game, from start to finish, and you won’t need to do any coding.

Jay Jennings and HG-2018 like this.
  17. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

hi josh
    I always come back to my games when you fix bugs or add a new feature to update on bb2,
    will there be updates on bb2 in the future?
    thanks

18. Josh (Nology Games)

you won't need BB2. you will be able to do anything you need in BB3. its the updated software, and it can do more than BB2 ever could

19. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

When you create a new 2D world in BB3, most of what you can do in bb2 is there it’s just a little different. So you can build the same 2D games just have to adapt to new interface. And the fact you can now use nodes for your 2d games takes it to whole new level. It’s worth focusing on bb3 2d more than continue working in bb2.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  20. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer

hi josh
    I already tried to open my bb2 project on bb3 beta it doesn't work perfectly,
    So on this update bb3 I can open bb2 projects without any problem?
    thanks