Builbox Ui Totally Messed Up

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Deems Coppertin, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Deems Coppertin

Deems Coppertin Boxer

Hi everyone, hi people who know how to fix things in Buildbox. This is my first time on here, so I apologize if something isn't the way things are done around here, I will learn :)

I just downloaded the free version and when I open it, the entire UI is totally out of whack. Looks as though the screen resolution within the software is wrong, meaning all the text is huge and blurry, I can't see the top menu (although I can ghost click on it and get the dropdowns) in other words everything is super stretched. I tried to find a settings tab and maybe change the resolution but I could not. Attached is the image I'm getting. I would greatly appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction so that I can fix this unfortunate little problem. Perhaps someone else had this happen?

Attached Files:

2. Deems Coppertin

Deems Coppertin Boxer

Oh, forgot to mention, I'm on Windows 10

3. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Several things you can try.
    1. Right click BB in taskbar and click MOVE TO. Then use arrow keys on keyboard and move window.

2. Right click on desktop and click display settings. Set the resolution zoom to like 200%. See what happens.

4. Syed

Syed Boxer

I m having same issue. Picture attached.
    Please someone help.

Attached Files:

5. Deems Coppertin

Deems Coppertin Boxer

Hi AppNasty. Thank you for the suggestions. I did not find the MOVE TO option but I did change the zoom which just made everything bigger. The resolution within BB didn't change. Interestingly enough, the start screen is fine, it's also fine when I click CREATE NEW and go to the Mind Map with the nodes, but as soon as I go into the game editor all the elements get resized and the software becomes unusable.

Also, if I stretch the BB window itself in different ways, I get some funky ass results. I've attached the screens.

I have a feeling this is something that can only be changed by the programmers of Buildbox, because it seems like a serious bug.

Attached Files:

6. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

There’s a few issues with certain gfx cards and they are hustling fast to fix it.
    As for move option, all I know is in windows 10, if you look at bottom in taskbar you will see BB. Right clicking it opens a menu. Something about move or whatever. If you click that then use arrow keys you can lower the window DOWN.

7. Deems Coppertin

Deems Coppertin Boxer

Unfortunately I don't have the move option when I right click the BB icon on the tastbar. Oh well. But I doubt that would have fixed anything anyway since obviously the problem is much deeper. I got the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti card and I assume I'd just have to wait for a fix in the next update. Thanks for your suggestions and the info. Very much appreciate it.

8. awais503

awais503 Boxer

I had same problem and found a solution today.
    Go to Nvidia Controll Panel > Manage 3D Settings and follow attached image.

Attached Files:

Hue Buildbox and Sean Buildbox like this.
  9. Deems Coppertin

Deems Coppertin Boxer

Hi awais! Thank you so much for the useful tip! I didn't have the 3D setting in my Nvidia Control Panel but what I did was disable my Intel card and that did the trick! BB is working fine now. So to everyone experience this problem, the answer is in your graphics card settings.

Hue Buildbox likes this.
  10. awais503

awais503 Boxer

Glad it helped somehow.

Hue Buildbox likes this.
  11. Max321

Max321 Boxer

I'm having the same problem. I disabled my graphics card but that just didn't let BB load up. BB just kept crashing. Would appreciate any help!!

12. Max321

Max321 Boxer

(My graphics card is the intel iris graphics 540)

13. arthas

arthas Boxer

i facing same issue, intel uhd620, try out all based on above solution, but no lucky....

14. Max321

Max321 Boxer

Actually I figured it out! I updated my intel graphics card on their website, that solved it.

MaxPlaysWWR and Sean Buildbox like this.
  15. protech

protech Boxer

I also have a intel uhd620 with the same issue. Any update on a fix?

16. addland002

addland002 Boxer

same issue, tested many things :( but always it's getting zoom when i open any template.

17. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

This is a good first step

Have you tried the latest official update from yesterday? 3.2.1?

18. Deems Coppertin

Deems Coppertin Boxer

The only thing that works for me is disabling one the cards. I wish I could help more :(