Announcing The Buildbox Free Saga: Our Vision

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Dec 4, 2019.

1. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

Maybe things have gotten better in the years past we shall see. I’m glass half full type of guy

2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

The benefit of having the free version means you can play around with the software without making a financial commitment. We are excited for this fact as we have so much faith in out software as is, and where it can get to in the future.

Bilz636 and Hue Buildbox like this.
  3. shadow_killer

shadow_killer Boxer

[​IMG]
    what does this mean please ? (buildbox free)

4. Josh (Nology Games)

5. Praneeth thommandru

Praneeth thommandru Boxer

showing an error sign up cs 500, now anyone can say how to download the free software

6. Praneeth thommandru

Praneeth thommandru Boxer

7. shadow_killer

shadow_killer Boxer

buildbox.com ---> pricing ---> click on purchase (free plan) and there you go

8. aseem

aseem Boxer

Since it's released now. It's quite exciting to join the community and try out new buildbox free version.
    However, why IAP aren't allowed? AFAIK, Games having IAP are given special preference by the stores in terms of app discovery, because it increases their share or revenue as well as continuous and fixed revenue stream. However, ads have less chance in so.

Is there any particular reason why IAP aren't available in Buildbox free, when you're already taking 10% cut?
    Also, can you please confirm if the 10% cut is from total share, or from the share that is left for me after deducting store's 30% cut?

Excited to try it out.

9. Jay Jennings

Jay Jennings Boxer

I would imagine IAP isn’t included to give people one more incentive to get the paid version of BB.

And ad rev-share i’ve seen on other platforms means that every tenth ad that is shown comes from (in this case) Buildbox. I don’t imagine they’ll try to split the money that goes into our own ad account.

however, I could be wrong on both of those things… :)

10. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

IAPs are paid license only so correct there. The ad-rev share is however done from the account in partnership with the ad networks.

Jay Jennings likes this.
  11. Zyl

Zyl Boxer

It might not be a bad idea to offer at least a 50% discount to existing users due to psychic pain caused by (almost) non-functional software in 2019 :)

12. Josh (Nology Games)

@Zyl Buildbox 3 has had quite a few games released using the software, so I’m not sure what you mean by “almost non-functional software” but we have our BBFree which is even better than 50% off.

13. Zyl

Zyl Boxer

The first problem is backward compatibility. I need to redo almost all of my work in Buildbox 3.1.1/2 because the games I made earlier are either not functional or full of bugs.

Furthermore, you didn't deliver what you promise on time and many of us have paid for what was promised (in Q1 2019) and has not yet been delivered.

Finally, you've changed your payment model again, which is honestly total overkill for what you get.

The free version is an obvious marketing ploy that has nothing to do with the existing community of people who paid for a semi-finished product.

14. Josh (Nology Games)

When it comes to the the new update? Have you sent the support team the BBDocs so that they can see the issue and difference between the two versions? It would be super helpful.

We do regret the delay for the release that you are referring to. This is also why we no longer give dates of releases. Because we do feel that it’s unfair to tell you a date, only to need to change the date due to unforeseen circumstances. However, we have been getting more regular updates as of late.

You get more than what Buildbox 2 was able to offer and it’s much cheaper. However, due to the structure the prize did have to go up a little. However, we do uphold the price points that a member is at as long as they have an active subscription.

Buildbox Free is for the community. We have had many members request a free version and now that we have it, the Community has been growing! Which is fantastic!