Is Making Games With Buildbox Fun Or Frustrating??

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by MickMick93, Dec 7, 2019.

1. MickMick93

MickMick93 Boxer

Throughout my journey of attempting to make games on buildbox, I've come to find that because of the bugs and limitations, I found myself constantly stressed looking for ways to create my game idea around buildbox's structure.

It's fun at times when things are going smoothly, but then you run into another limitation that won't let you do something like you thought you'd be able to and have to look for an alternative.

I really like buildbox, but man, this is driving me insane. 5 years in and it still has yet to become the codeless game making giant it has advertised itself to be since 2014.

Jackazoid and wayne_martell like this.
  2. deyren

deyren Boxer

there is good and bad time it can be fun and sometimes frustrating.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  3. Zanotta

Zanotta Boxer

i only tested BB 2 and i was very surprised. In minutes i was able to give the idea inside my head life.

4. Jackazoid

Jackazoid Avid Boxer

Limitation of creativity can drive creativity. But in some instances it just sucks and is frustrating as frack.

5. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer

BB2 is a really good software. BB3 is a major disappointment.
    BB2=Fun
    BB3=No Fun at All

6. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Totally fair, and would love to know why. I'm guessing lack of 2D and components, would that be close? If so, then we're on the right track... if not I want to make sure we solve it.

7. 5petersonzachary

5petersonzachary Serious Boxer

BB3 is more fun to me! You basically are not restricted and can go crazy with your ideas, buuuuuuuuut everybody has their own opinions.

MickMick93 likes this.
  8. gauravdashora676

gauravdashora676 Boxer

BB3 comes without limitation with a different learning curve. We can think N number of possibilities our imagination is only a limit, BB2 has a limitation, but it is fun to build a specific style game. In the future, I am expecting, Multiplayer and Augmented reality game features build by Buildbox Platform in the upcoming future.

MickMick93 likes this.
  9. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

For me and the past several versions of bb3 it’s been pure fun. Nothing was broke for me. No road blocks etc. of course earlier betas was bug filled...kind of the point of early versions lol. But I don’t run into issues now. And I’ve spent enough time with bb3 that I flow through it easily. So all I’m left with is figuring out how to use what I got to achieve x function. That’s my favorite part of BB personally. Figuring out how to do this new thing or make x type of game that no one else has yet. I love bb2 but bb3 is just all around more fun to create in.

MickMick93 likes this.