Revealed: The Buildbox Free Saga Release Date

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

That's right! Grab your pen and mark your calendar!

Set an alert or notification for your phone as well because BUILDBOX FREE's OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE is on December 18, 2019 at 3PM PST!

Countdown has started on our website
    so check it out so you don't have to do the math for your timezone!

If you missed our first two videos, don't forget to check them out before the official release date so you can get the latest news about the new features as well as get to know some of the members of the Buildbox community.

Our first video, The Buildbox Free Saga: Our Vision not only talks about the goal behind Buildbox Free but also a sneak peek of a new feature that makes using Buildbox easier than ever.

As for the second video, we show you the many faces and voices of our awesome community. Check out The Buildbox Free Saga: Who is No Code? to hear how using the tool has helped people create hit games that crushed the appstore.

That's it for today! Please don't forget to mark your calendars!

2. Zanotta

Zanotta Boxer

Couldn't be more excited!! Thank you guys for your hard work!

Hue Buildbox and Sean Buildbox like this.
  3. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

What are the limitations? How is it different than the paid version? Thanks!

4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Boxer

As someone who has spent thousands of dollars on Master Collection 2, I'd love to hear why a free version has such a focus and where the platform is going? It really feels like those that have paved the way so far for Buildbox are being left behind.

Where is the road map? What's happening with Animationbox 2, Pixelbox, Soundbox 2, and Voxelbox?

5. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

@Rattlehead I myself have MC2. I can confirm that no one is being left behind. There is always areas that need focus and it’s impossible to focus on everything at once. All of the add ons for BB will be updated in due time.

6. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Boxer

While I appreciate your response Josh, it's a non-answer. I purchased my license in December of 2017 and making a statement that there will be updates in 'due time' is not a valid response. That appears to be a common response to anyone asking when something might be delivered (i.e. documentation).

I'd still appreciate knowing where the platform is going. If there is a road map that outlines some sort of strategy, with timelines, I'd like to see it. Even if milestones are out a year or so, at least a person can understand where the journey is going, and when they may arrive there.

Again, thank you for your reply.

7. Josh (Nology Games)

We can’t actually give timeframes. Because timeframes change too much. It’s better for us to say in due time (which means we are working on it but we can say when it will be done) rather than say a timeframe that has to be changed in the future. This is something that we started doing from the experience from customers who were unable that we couldn’t keep to a timeframe.

Bilz636 likes this.
  8. Sean Buildbox

I can actually state here that all MC 2.0 apps are scheduled for an update Q1 of next year. We have not forgotten about them

Hanomax and Hue Buildbox like this.
  9. kodagames

kodagames Avid Boxer

They should give the Master Collection (pixelbox, animationbox, etc), as part of the pro tools (in my opinion).

MAC420 likes this.
  10. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

This is logical considering the price is going up and on that note. I'm on the indie plan will this shut down my account? Also my order history has not updated since September???

11. Josh (Nology Games)

@MAC420 As long as you stay subscribed nothing will change for you including the limitations and the price

MAC420 likes this.
  12. flyyf

flyyf Boxer

I still wake up (very late for my country) to receive link free buildbox. Nothing work . Failed all. Doesn´t run in window this version, i believe ist because i was install in past paid version....

buy bye :(

13. mshuraih

mshuraih Boxer

what about the master collection 2 owners will we be able to get the new updates?

14. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Boxer

It sounds like there is a post coming as to when the 3.1.2 update will come out for existing users.

15. Sean Buildbox

Were you able to install the software? Did it ask for a license key? Did you reach out to support? This should be easily resolved.
    Yes

Bingo: Just went up Buildbox 3.1.1 Is Officially Live And 3.1.2 "beta" Is Here For Paid Customers

16. filipe auguso

filipe auguso Boxer

any hint of how to get the buildbox free activation password ?
    I've already registered and downloaded the software

17. flyyf

flyyf Boxer

Were you able to install the software? Did it ask for a license key? = no, i download free version.

I remove all old version BB, installl again free version: authentificacion failed and i remove in regedit windows folder eightcells.

18. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

BB 3.1.2 beta (MY UPDATE) -> The game still crashes at random instances during gameplay in both REAL device and BB Previewer. @Sean Buildbox -> jump PM-ed you with more details!

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  19. flyyf

flyyf Boxer

20. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Hi, The activation Key will be sent to the same email used to sign up. Also check your Spam folder.
    But due to high volumes of sign ups, it could take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours.
    However, it will certainly be sent to you.
    Hope this helps!;)

Sean Buildbox likes this.