An Annoying Bug That Was Never Fixed In Buildbox 2!!!

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by HG-2018, Nov 30, 2019.

1. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

I have a problem, with my jump and runs this bug is annoying, whenever you press the jump button too fast the jump button blocks. No matter what settings I make. I had tested jump time out from 1 to 0.01, bug still there. Yes, and I have jump from the ground, too, not possible. Ground Threshold, hoping it's there, same problem Jump button blocked. I don't know anymore and the support only meant settings, I have everything through the BUG is the same. I also have a video about it.I've also tested it on my Android phones, it's the same problem.

Please HELP support !!!!!

viking likes this.
  2. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

3. Coldwilson

Coldwilson Avid Boxer

Hi,

I just checked to see if this was a bug that would manifest in my BB2 game but I can't seem to replicate it no matter how fast I tap on jump where it similarly hits a platform above in either simulator or IOS. I have jump force 50, ground threshold 0.01.

I can't imagine what might cause that, it's as if the jump button has been destroyed. Have you tried testing with a simple template to see if you can replicate it?

4. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

I've tried everything so far, including your attitudes. The problem rarely occurs in the preview of buildbox, it only occurs if you test it on your mobile phone. I can make wine bbdoc and upload it.

viking likes this.
  5. 33Shox

33Shox Avid Boxer

I got this bug too. and got mad angry for a few weeks with it but then i noticed the bug happens only on old/slower phones or when u have lots of other apps open, or when the phone is connected to xcode while testing (that slows down your phone a lot). I know it usually doesn't happen in the buildbox simulator but try open lots of software on your computer to make it slower and then you will manage to recreate the bug in buildbox simulator too.
    Now, what i did was to optimize my game the best i possibly could and i also made a few workarounds in the sensitive areas where the bug happens more often (by adding spikes, by making the area have less things happening on screen) so that the user will not be able to do that crazy unnatural jumping thing, (as u did in your video). When the game transition from one scene to another scene it is also sensitive. always try to make the end of scene and the beginning of the scene have less objects and stuff. it helps a lot
    Anyway, it worked for me, Best of luck

6. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

Thanks for the info, I have also tried some and the support several times pointed out that it is a BUG. Unfortunately this was ignored as usual and dismissed as a bug by me. That was what annoyed me the most. I sent this bug back to support but unfortunately as always there is no answer. The only thing I can always listen to is that I should use Buildbox 2 because Buildbox 3 is the future. But I bought the license for 2, because the 3 version has too many BUGS in 2D and this is not fixed so fast. Why is there no time left in updates for the 2 version and the support for the 2 version is ignored so much ? How will it be if Buildbox is for free, ok if I can use all functions if it is for free ok, but "still" there are users who pay for it !
    @Sean Buildbox

7. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

This "bug" each time we've investigated it has always seemed to be fixed with optimizing the placement of said button in the UI to my knowledge. Less of bug and more of an optimization issue. If you have concrete steps that show this is not the case please send them over as we're more than happy to reconsider.

Buildbox Free will have limitations as stated before and we're always working to address any bugs in 2 or 3. Buildbox 2 will still be maintained for the foreseeable future, however I would not expect many major added features in Buildbox 2.

8. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

The mistake doesn't just happen to me. This error "does not" occur in the preview of Buildbox and I had sent a bbdoc every time and I was only told that the "bug" did not occur. According to the video as you can see it's there and can't be changed with any settings to match the game. It can't be that you can only take one setting, that the bug doesn't appear. It should not occur. It was written to me that I should make Jump from the ground, but the bug was still there.

9. belmir

belmir Avid Boxer