How To Track Level Progression With Game Analytics Using Multiple Worlds

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by itzonator, Oct 31, 2019.

1. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Hey boxers,

Do you have any clue on how to track level progression in Game Analytics when we have different worlds as levels?

In this Buildbox Game Analytics Guide for iOS: https://intercom.help/buildbox/en/articles/1638320-game-analytics-ios

We have:
    Code:
        // Tracks when a game STARTS

if([n isEqualToString: @"World UI"])
        {

// send Game Analytics event that the game World appeared and game has started
            [GameAnalytics addProgressionEventWithProgressionStatus:GAProgressionStatusComplete progression01:@"game" progression02:@"nil" progression03:nil score:score];

}

// Tracks when a game ENDS

if([n isEqualToString: @"Game Over UI"])
        {

// send Game Analytics event that Game Over was triggered

[GameAnalytics addProgressionEventWithProgressionStatus:GAProgressionStatusComplete progression01:@"game" progression02:@"nil" progression03:nil];

}
    When use that code above, it tracks just 1 World, but probably with Scenes.

My game is using multiple worlds where each world is a LEVEL. Each World/Level has only 1 scene. How the code will change in order to track that?

@Skyhub Games -> do you know?
    Or anyone else? @volcank @steve @PunkPuffin
    @Hanomax @Tars Tarkas

Here's more info on GA website: https://gameanalytics.com/docs/item/progression-events

Probably it is a small tweak to that code above :)

Thanks!
    Itzo

2. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer

3. steve

steve Avid Boxer

@Tars Tarkas I'm also using scenes as levels. I'm using the progression level node to store the levelID to settings and looking to get the variable from within xcode. @Sean Buildbox has told me it's stored as a JSON string, but unfortunately I don't have the programming knowledge to know how to access it. This is what Sean told me:
    I've asked him if he has any example code on how I call that. He said he'd see if he could get the team to come up with something, but not received anything yet. So if you know how to do the JSON call the above maybe of use.

4. steve

steve Avid Boxer

Received a reply from Sean today to say they're unable to provide any examples on doing the JSON call:(