Buildbox 3 Level Based Game

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by saifizaid19, Aug 19, 2018.

?

Would you like a possibility of making 3D Depth perceived multi layered Platformer in BB3

1. Of Course Why not! Something like "The Last Night"

85.7%
  2. Nah... To much of a work and just not interested

14.3%
  1. saifizaid19

saifizaid19 Boxer

Hello Everyone, I remember making Level based games on BB2 and they were really great for setting up a narrative driven game. But in BB3 It does seem like they're not an option in BB3? Like any way or trick to make the game level based? I mean simple basic level design.

You Successfully reach the end of the level 1. You progress to 2nd.

I Tried everything and that's why decided to ask you guys here. So is it still possible or something coming in Beta 2 or is BB3 Only for endless run games? because that would be weird.

I did notice POOL preset is only one level but again it's a game trapped in a playground.

Thanks

2. jmiller8031

jmiller8031 Avid Boxer

You just create a trigger that takes you to the next world. We don't have the API yet so no one knows how yet, but it should be possible.

3. Xoctrebla

Xoctrebla Avid Boxer

In BB2,When you get to Level Complete there would be an unlock button "Unlock Level N+1" (n=whatever level completed) and this would update the main menu so when you exit the game and menu pops up it takes you to the previous level. On the main menu i would have the lock navigation button stacked on top of each (2,3,4,5,etc) other with blockthrough touch disabled. I'm trying to set this is up in BB3 with little luck, hopefully i'm missing something but i'm looking as well

sebb121 likes this.
  4. Prashant Man Gayak

Prashant Man Gayak Boxer

Can I create a level based game on a Builbox 3 free version?

5. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

yes, you can quite easily make different levels using scenes and checkpoints

6. Prashant Man Gayak

Prashant Man Gayak Boxer

How exactly? Can you break down the process please. I only have One World available.
    And also, is there particle effects and hard shadow lighting available in Buildbox 3 (on 2D template). Thank you :)

ekinzu likes this.
  7. JSeeger6

JSeeger6 Avid Boxer

BB updated with new "progression" game! Check that out, export the assets into your game, and figure out how to integrate it with the levels!

Sean Buildbox likes this.