How To Make Character Invincible After Respawn?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Alex809, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Alex809

Alex809 Boxer

Hey guys, I have implemented 'watch a video reward' for an extra live and a chance to keep the game going. My game is pretty much a score distance game were enemies are constantly coming at you and you have to shoot them.

The problem with respawn is that you can spawn back in and the scene could be loaded with enemies and pretty much you would die instantly. I want to to able to make character invincible for a couple seconds to give the player a chance to clear things up a bit instead of dying right away. Thanks.

2. Alex809

Alex809 Boxer

My main issue is the score resetting g after spawning, placing a couple checkpoints ahead allows the user to revive back with a high score, a little off but better than 0 but I run into the spawning into enemies and dying. If my players can start at the beginning of the scene as long as they get to keep their score that would be fine but the score resets to 0 thus why I need a way to make the player invincible for about 3 or so seconds.

3. landofgreendev

landofgreendev Boxer

Hi!

I am currently trying to set up a 'revive' button which, in return for watching an Ad - you get to respawn back into the game and carry on from where you left off. It sounds like you've managed to do this, how? Which type of button did you use and how did you manage to get the character to respawn back into the scene?