Gdpr Solution For Ios - [eu Consent Form For Admob Ads]

Discussion in 'Promotional' started by itzonator, May 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Hey boxers,

I have a full featured GDPR solution for iOS if you run Admob ads, that's supporting both BB2 and BB3.

Here's Android solution for Buildbox: https://www.buildbox.com/forum/inde...-android-eu-consent-form-for-admob-ads.16983/

More info on EU Consent Policy here: https://www.google.com/about/company/user-consent-policy.html
    If you do not have this EU consent form, Google can remove apps, terminate agreements, etc. Not good business. This policy has been reinforced by Google back in July, 2018.

In order to resolve this issue, I am using Google Consent SDK, but there are some issues if you try to do it yourself. Like there are two ways to gather consent. What way should you use for Buildbox and your Admob account, etc. There are also issues if you import the code from the Google docs, there's unused variable that's not saving / user's choice when the Consent Form is displaying. Also, they do not give you any code on how to Revoke Consent and with Buildbox, you need a custom solution in order for that to work.

Price for iOS GDPR custom solution: $20

SPECIAL OFFER: Get our [iOS + Android] GDPR custom solutions for just $40!!

For this you'll get:
    1. Consent form will show up on app load: they can choose to show Personalized / NonPersonalized ads
    2. You'll also get a code to Revoke Consent button where you can show this form every time the user clicks on that button
    3. Both, the Consent Form and Revoke Button will show ONLY if the user is located in the EU (European Economic Are), since that EU policy holds for EU users who will probably download your games.
    4. You can take that code and COPY / PASTE it to ANY BB2 / BB3 projects to be EU Policy compliant and safe to display ads.

The code is tested in the following conditions:
    1. Consent Form will show on app load only if the user is located in the EU
    2. The Revoke Consent button will show anywhere you choice in the game only if the user is located in the EU
    3. The Consent Form will NOT show on app load if the user is outside the EU.
    4. Revoke Consent button will NOT show if the user is located outside the EU.

All 4 conditions above are fully tested and work with the code I am about to provide.
    I also personally TESTED if the user chooses Personalized or Non-Personalized ads option (YES or NO) to check if forwards consent to Google Mobile Ads SDK. So when the user choose the appropriate option it forwards data to Google with the user's choice.

If you want to install this form yourself, here's Google's guide: https://developers.google.com/admob/ios/eu-consent

If you want to save lots of time and headache, just PM me and we can get started!
    For just $20, you'll have fully tested solution for both EU and non-EU users.

What you have to do?
    1. You have to personalize the text on the form that suit your needs
    2. You need a Privacy Policy link from your website that's going to be pasted in the Consent Form
    3. You need to create Consent Button yourself with Buildbox in order for this to work
    4. You need to follow the Google's guide and import the Consent SDK yourself into your game with Xcode, using the steps outlined here: https://developers.google.com/admob/ios/eu-consent
    5. You have to PM me with more details about how to send the payment and I'll send you the code that works with the Consent SDK!

Here's an example when EU user access the app:

Explanation: By default Google Mobile Ads SDK shows Personalized Ads. So when click on YES, it simply dismisses the form. However, when click on NO, it forwards consent to Google. I tested this in code via debugging. When you revoke the consent in Settings, the process is the same.

Here's example when the non-EU user access the app:

Explanation: Here the non-EU user does not see the Consent form on app load and the Revoke Button in settings is invisible!

No changes in code in both videos!
    This code is tested with my personal device advertizing identifier based on user location!

[Disclaimer]: The implementation of the Consent Form and its configuration is your responsibility and you are fully liable for any issues this may have caused down the road. Please follow the steps outlined in my implementation guide in order for this to work, but the customization and configuration of the form is not to be considered as a legal advice!

Last edited: May 18, 2019
    AaroArts likes this.
  2. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

That’s awesome dude.
    Well done and thanks for the videos.

itzonator likes this.
  3. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

You are welcome, for now, I do not have Android solution, as @NikRudenko said when released BB 2.3.7 this Revoke Consent for Buildbox feature is available for iOS only. They will be testing this for Android and provide that as well at some later point as an update. Then, we can implement the same steps for Android, but for now I believe we can just show the Consent form when the Android game loads, but not Revoke Consent option, if you do not know how to code, and Google requires publishers to provide change/revoke consent option for Google Ads.

4. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Important: Google Admob SDK first sends Personalized Ads by default, I am using this code from Google, because when tap on yes, dismisses the pop-up and does nothing because the ads are already Personalized by default. This is meant to inform the user they can choose between both, however it sends data to Google Admob SDK, when they tap on No and I have tested it in debugging with breakpoints - it shows even in console

Here this is from Google:
    In other words, Personalized ads are ads for Retargeting purposes, showing ads again if they previously visited sites and stores of their interest. Ads like this tend to perform better due to its retargeting nature.

When I tap on Revoke Consent button it nullifies the choice and resets the ads back to Personalized. Unless if you tap on No again.

That is the Google way to handle data, not my way.

Hope this clarifies some concerns. :)

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  5. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

If I’m understanding your approach, this isn’t correct.
    When someone revokes or denies their consent, you have to request non-personalised ads to be displayed.

6. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Yes, this is what I did, when they revoke consent or press on that button, the Google-rendered form is showing again with a choice to keep ads personalized or choose non-Personalized. :)

7. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

8. deborahjmossman

deborahjmossman Boxer

Hi,

I have a question for @itzonator.
    If I have the admob user consent box in my SDK can I use the setting in buildbox for applovin, chartboost, facebook, ect? Is there a way to sent the consent to these ad companies?

9. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Hi Deborah,

Yes, as long as you are using Admob SDK for this, because the consent is passed through the SDK. You can configure the companies to which consent is collected via Admob console by navigating to EU consent tab, but if you are using Admob mediation for this the implementation is different as it is given in the implementation guide for the Google Consent SDK.

If you are not using Admob and just want to use Facebook, Chartboost, Applovin as stand alone advertising, this solution here is not for you.

10. deborahjmossman

deborahjmossman Boxer

Screenshot (1).png
    @itzonator Thank you sorry I am just trying to understand....So if I am using the admob EU user consent and I want to use the other ad networks in buildbox like the picture...is there a way to forward consent to the other ad networks using the admob user consent box in my sdk?

Thanks again.

11. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Are you using Admob mediation for those Ad Networks on the screenshot?

There are two ways to collect user consent:
    1. Via Google-rendered form (method I show here)
    2. Your own custom solution

If you use Admob mediation, you need to add slight changes in configuration, it is all explained here: https://developers.google.com/admob/ios/eu-consent

But in this case, you have to collect consent yourself and this solution here for GDPR is not for you. We collect consent via Google-rendered form only and that's how that's done here.

However, you can use the Consent SDK to dynamically retrieve the full list of ad technology providers from AdMob, as explained in publisher-managed consent collection. You'll need to determine which additional ad technology providers from other ad networks need to be presented to your users for consent. As an app developer, you'll need to collect user consent for both the ad technology providers returned by the Consent SDK and the providers from other ad networks. You'll also need to manually store user consent responses and forward consent to the Google Mobile Ads SDK if the user consented to receive only non-personalized ads. That's only if you are using Admob mediation.

Google currently is unable to obtain and handle consent for mediation networks, so you'll need to obtain and handle consent for each ad network separately, like follows:

Here's the implementation for Chartboost: https://developers.google.com/admob/ios/mediation/chartboost#eu_consent_and_gdpr
    Here's for AppLovin': https://developers.google.com/admob/ios/mediation/applovin#eu_consent_and_gdpr
    Here's for InMobi: https://developers.google.com/admob/ios/mediation/inmobi#eu_consent_and_gdpr
    Here's for Facebook: https://developers.google.com/admob/ios/mediation/facebook#eu_consent_and_gdpr

If you do not use Admob mediation and use those networks separately, you'll be okay with the commonly used set of ad technology providers from Admob. However, make sure they are all available on the list if you display Admob ads. AppLovin' by default is added in the commonly used set of providers, but not sure about the rest. That's if you are not using mediation. My solution here is NOT for mediation and Google-rendered form is used to collect consent.

12. deborahjmossman

deborahjmossman Boxer

@itzonator
    Thank you for the reply. I am not using anything but just admob right now. All I would like to do is be able to have more than just admob on my app and I thought with Buildbox if you sign up to the different ad networks and put all the ad ids in the project setting, like I show in the picture it will do the mediation for you? Is that not the case?

Right now all I have is admob on my app and I am using the admob user consent box. I just wanted to know if I sign up to the other ad networks and put my ids in buildbox is there a way to forward consent using the admob user consent.

13. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

For your mediation to work, you need to add all those ad network sdks inside your Xcode project. If you are using Buildbox 2, this is added for you automatically, since you provided those advertising IDs for each. Mediation is configured inside Admob console. If you are going to use it, you can store consent manually for each ad network, as Admob handles only Admob SDK, to forward consent to other Ad Network SDKs, you have to do this manually. :)

14. viking

viking Avid Boxer

Works perfect
    Thanks

itzonator likes this.
  15. raimula

raimula Boxer

16. raimula

raimula Boxer

Is this working 100% on new BB3.

17. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Yes!

Which version do you need GDPR for? iOS or Android?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  18. raimula

raimula Boxer

Nice one it works as intended thx bro.

itzonator likes this.
  19. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Thank you!
    Good luck

Sean Buildbox likes this.