Buildbox 3.0.2 Beta 2 #3243

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hola Boxers! :)

Have a new build to share with everyone. This is 3.0.2 Beta 2.

[Important]: This build does not have Easy Ad Integration yet and a few high profile features are still being developed. This does not mean they are being forgotten or ignored, I can confirm the final roadblocks to it have been resolved recently :)

Also as is with any Beta release please ensure making a backup of any important projects prior to opening and saving them in the new build.

If you find any bugs or issues please send them into support@buildbox.com with all pertinent details ASAP so we can get them documented and corrected. Drumroll.....below are the links:

Links:

macOS: http://download.buildbox.com/buildb...0.2-3243_417e6abd18b86892809ada5ae652aedb.zip

Windows
    : http://download.buildbox.com/buildb...0.2-3243_73e7af773f747567423774f3e29f79bb.exe

Change Log:

Fixed: Switch to prevent recursion crash in trail3D
    Fixed: '3D world' screen is not present on UI screen is displayed in preview
    Fixed: Graphic issue on Screen editor and UI editor
    Fixed: BB Crashes while Preview copy pasting scene in different presets.
    Fixed: Constant crashing when pinning attributes
    Fixed: Clicking on the Log icon button increases the Preview screen on each click.
    Fixed: crash when you trying to drag and drop image inside Component Editor
    Fixed: Path rotation
    Fixed: "Opening at Startup" feature you can't turn off

Added: Bring different blending methods for Trail
    Added: Option to keep collision shape always visible
    Added: "Block Self-Spawn" switch to "Debris Explosion" node.
    Added: Enable Copy and Pasting Scenes between Worlds in 2D/3D worlds

Known Issue:

Windows we've switch Certificates, this may cause Windows installs to get a Windows Defender notice. This can be ignored.

As always we appreciate all of you Boxers. We're releasing more tutorial videos progressively currently and the Manual V1 is actually incredibly close. Been working with the team to finalize it.

Salute!

Zyl, AppNasty, itzonator and 5 others like this.
  2. Greatone

Greatone Boxer

Thank you for the update @Sean Buildbox copying scene between worlds is well needed.

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  3. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Thanks, will check. Do you have any time estimates for the BB3 ads integration? Is that going to be available on 3.0.2 official?

Itzo

4. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

My Dock is Literally Filled with it !!! You start a project in One version, Next day you release a New version, The old Project Stops working on New Version and the new version comes with new Bugs! Then there is another version! then there is another version! I really find it difficult to manage Projects within the versions! You sell one game with one version and then there is a new version and the project you sold stops working! Client gets mad! This is really unprofessional! Stop releasing Betas please ..

landofgreendev likes this.
  5. eggchell

eggchell Boxer

6. Greatone

Greatone Boxer

@rizwanashraf we need these beta updates till full release bro at least we can get some stuff done as new things are added you have to keep saving your files to keep backup sorry your having problem but these updates are well needed for most us

7. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

Ofcourse I make a backup of my files! I am not a rookie user ! I am just saying! I have 6 BB installed on my mac because some nodes arent working well on new version! i have to bring the old nodes into new one etc etc ! thats insane!

volcank likes this.
  8. Greatone

Greatone Boxer

@rizwanashraf I understand your frustration we will all get through this long haul and I know your not a rookie I actually learned a lot from you being active on these forum (Thanks). But that last beta was super unstable with the crashes.

9. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

Man! I really like where this software is going towards! I like the last update which was Beta 1 but then crashed! Now this one i did not install YET! i will .. I have to :) Anyway -- Thank you man! we learn from each other!

Greatone likes this.
  10. shahar.m192

shahar.m192 Avid Boxer

I agree with you with 100% @rizwanashraf i was working on my game for 3 months and all the last updates was destroying my game and I cant fix this at all. I sent somthing like 5 mails to support and nothing.
    for me 3183 was the best update but every new one is out somthing else is crashing or not working.
    And still exporting my own OBJ from blender dowsnt work good at all with buildbox.
    Collison shape not working

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  11. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

@Sean Buildbox thanks, we have been waiting on easy ads for the longest, Nick has a working tutorial for IOS integration that actually work but what about android? the mopud ads integration tutorial that support keeps referring to does not work for BB3 only BB2. since there is no date for easy ads besides coming soon (last 7 months) can someone please provide a working tutorial for android? once again the one Nick did for IOS is working.

thanks, I understand that the team is really busy and always dealing with new issues, we appreciate your hard work.

12. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

I fully understand what you mean, and for that reason I keep multiple versions installed in my computer and make backups w/ the build number after the project name. I currently have eight versions of BB3 installed. lol
    Ex.
    2019-10-10_07h41_39.png 2019-10-10_07h38_08.png

13. Zyl

Zyl Boxer

You can't be serious about that, it's a BETA, keep multiple versions or simply avoid test releases.
    In fact, they should publish more often :)

steve and Sean Buildbox like this.
  14. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

So Easy Ads is coming extremely soon, we've ironed out some last wrinkles with it and are preparing it for an update before end of year, likely much, much sooner than that

@tonymartz2 I'll explicitly check into the Android Guide and MoPub and reach out. Hopefully can get an update to the documentation pronto.

Hue Buildbox and tonymartz2 like this.
  15. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

I was Joking! Happy ?

volcank likes this.
  16. Medialib

Medialib Boxer

Hello!! I found a little problem with lights assets. Try to add any light to scene, increase intensity for better view, then parenting with camera. Now, suppose you want to delete this light. After delete it, light effect is still visible in the scene and of course, can't delete it. It's a new Beta bug or I'm missing something?

17. Ivan Perfetti

Ivan Perfetti Avid Boxer

@Sean Buildbox Looks good so far, path problems solved and overall Buildbox seems to be way more stable. And there's finally copy&paste enabled for scenes. It was much needed, thanks guys! :)

18. shahar.m192

shahar.m192 Avid Boxer

its a little bit funny the official release was months ago and now people are "happy" with copy and paste and some other little things that should be working good months ago.

volcank, Jaro and Tars Tarkas like this.
  19. Ivan Perfetti

Ivan Perfetti Avid Boxer

Yep, being positive is indeed a healthy habit, some people appreciates the little things and the progresses the team is carrying out; if you believe in the project just be supportive; it helps the team and helps you. Complaining and moaning and whining and grumbling are just ways to cultivate frustration and waste precious time, after all.
    I choose to be positive. :D

Greatone and Sean Buildbox like this.
  20. shahar.m192

shahar.m192 Avid Boxer

First of all, I would not have spent a dollar if I did not believe in the project.
    Let's start with these are things that were supposed to work from the beginning,
    And I myself am frustrated that I have contacted so many times for support and either I have not received an answer or solved things myself.
    And it's not whining and grumbling if you pay money for software it should work good.
    And I really appreciate what the company has managed to do here but we don't have a clue of what going to be in the future when the "easy ads" going to be which they before next year which I can't believe that sorry be real with yourself @Ivan Perfetti .

GamerGhost likes this.