Use Dev Name On Apple Store?

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by AppNasty, Sep 26, 2019.

1. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Hey, Boxers. So I got a DUNS as Apple requested but in order for DUNS/Apple to show AppNasty instead of my personal name, I have to submit documents from the gov showing they recognize AppNasty as a business.

I’m trying to figure out HOW to do that. They don’t accept DBA’s, Fictitious names or Trade Style names. My DUNS account shows,
    Business name: Higgins, Joshua
    Trade Style: AppNasty

Now, I read online in a post from years ago that with this AppNasty can still be under my games titles, but at bottom of store it will say SELLER: Joshua Higgins. Which I’m cool with. As all I want is AppNasty to be at top and not my name. Is this true? Or do I see have to register with the gov further before AppNasty will be displayed under games titles?
    If I need to do that.....where? I’ve been to 25 million gov pages and some say I don’t need to register when I fill out their questionnaire. Others are only for Fictitious names or DBA names. I’m confused for sure lol.
    The one guy online said just with the duns and trade style name of AppNasty, my personal name will only show under SELLER area. Which I’m fine with. Any help is appreciated.

2. AaroArts

AaroArts Miniboss Boxer

Not sure about how it is in your country, but in UK you either register a dev account as an individual or a business.

To register as a business you have to have a registered company with (I think) a VAT number or DUNS in US.

If you already have a sole-trader/individual dev account you can transfer it to a business account in AppStoreConnect.

Good luck. Let us know if you figure it out.

AppNasty likes this.
  3. adrianjgomez

adrianjgomez Boxer

In the apple score cabagomez is on the top but it says that Adrian Gomez is the seller. If I understand your question correctly you would be ok with that.

AppNasty likes this.
  4. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

OK, So i have a duns. My duns is registered as Business Name: My Name and Trade Style is AppNasty.
    Im guessing that's all i need. I already setup Apple accnt as business. So when i upload my first apple project it SHOULD say AppNasty on top under game title and SELLER: My Name on bottom from what im reading. Thats OK with me.

5. adrianjgomez

adrianjgomez Boxer

6. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Ok, so apple called me and said that i needed to go to sunbiz .org and pay for whatever they do that apple demanded. Ok, fine. Well, Apple called again this time the guy said that they are trying a new thing to allow sole proprietors register a business account fully without having to submit docs etc. But he said the setup process was still buggy. So he sent me an email, told me to click it and fill out info. DUNS etc. He said when i hit submit it will throw me an error. He seen the error and did whatever he did on his end. Suddenly new email, click it...now it let me continue. Anyways, after doing this several times with him on phone, it went through and now my account is a business account. Will show AppNasty at top under title and AppNasty as Seller. Awesome. And didn't have to pay a penny for gov documents like the conversion from sole prop to business account process demands.