Is Bb3 Worth It, On Fence About Purchase

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Mattgames, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Mattgames

Mattgames Boxer

Hello all, It's hard to parse where BB3 is at and if it's worth dropping the $99 to start exploring the software. I have a few questions

is bb3 still in beta?
    Did they get decent documentation that will help someone like me (minimal experience in bb2, some gamamaker) navigate the software and new features?
    Is it able to export to google play 64 bit compliance?

I saw a lot of chatter about all these issues but the posts seem to be several months old and I haven't been able to find any followups. if anyone has any information about these issues that can help me make an informed purchase please I would gretaly appreciate it, Thank you!

2. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Avid Boxer

I have only been using BB3 for a couple of months and I have not ever opened my BB2. I will say that it is amazing how fast you can come up with prototypes for games. The final release of BB3 has come out but it still does not have a manual (supposed to be here soon) which will make you very dependant on youtube and this forum. For me I don't think I would have gotten a grip on how games are made without dipping my toes in BB3.

Apparently, since AppOnBoard has acquired Buildbox they will be releasing a free demo version as well, so you may want to wait on that.