How To Set Jump Timeout/counter/treshold

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by miika, Aug 5, 2019.

1. miika

miika Boxer

In BB2.0 you could set timeout/counter/treshold etc for a jump. Basically I would want to make the game work so you can only jump once and after that you would need to hit the "ground" to jump again.

2. Hanomax

Hanomax Avid Boxer

In jump node, there is jump limit field. Set it to 1. And make if collide node, affected asset is platform, connect it with start node and jumps "reset" node.

3. miika

miika Boxer

Thanks @Hanomax. I tried this multiple ways. I tried it on BB3 presets, which are broken in my opinion too. For an example in ROLL game preset you can jump inifinite times (keep the ball in air by just clicking jump). Am I doign something wrong here? Thanks anycase for the help. [​IMG]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zwrgnmdb7rrxspy/BB1.PNG?dl=0

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  4. Hanomax

Hanomax Avid Boxer

In "Roll" preset, jump node's reset button is not connected.
    In 3D world, select your platform asset and set its collision group as "Platform".
    In Actor's node map, you don't have "If Collide" node connected with "Start" node.

5. miika

miika Boxer

@Hanomax thanks so much! That worked.

Btw. As I'm creating a 2D game and a lot of BB2 features are either missing, or not as intuitive. For an example in BB2 you could easily create a custom collision shape, in BB3 it's made quite complex if you dont rely on the Cube/circle etc. Do you think that BB3 as it is, is atleast as good when it comes to creating anykind of 2D game? Somehow BB3 feels like it would be still in beta, even when its not :(.

I'm so thankful for you helping me out :) Do you know a way to make a scene to have a "cooldown" so I could make scenes not to repeat once you've played a scene. So when the game engine randomly picks a scene, after it has picked one, it wouldnt use that one anymore. Sorry for going of the topic :)

6. Hanomax

Hanomax Avid Boxer

I think it's possible only with scripting currently.

7. shahar.m192

shahar.m192 Avid Boxer

you have a video on that in youtube that exactly what is in the video and there is a bbdoc in description you can download everything is there