Need Help Adding Inertia To Character In Bb3 Switch Preset

Discussion in 'Gameplay' started by ash_white, Aug 2, 2019.

1. ash_white

ash_white Boxer

Hi,

Can anyone help me add an easing effect to the character in the Switch preset please?

It currently switches instantly but I wanted to apply a more realistic and fluid movement to the character. Like inertia or something.

Please see attached example.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. ash_white

ash_white Boxer

What I can gather is that the character moves a long a single path and switches in a linear motion, like this:

[​IMG]

Where as I need it to ease in and out, like this:

[​IMG]

Any thoughts? Not sure how to add this delayed effect to the switch.

Thanks

3. PunkPuffin

PunkPuffin Avid Boxer

Hi. The easing needs a timeframe really to be able to move through the easing curve. Do you have that in the switch?

The switch is activated on a click I assume so it will keep going in a direction until a click. Then switch.

This is a great site to see the easing curves and how they affect movement.

https://easings.net/en

The only way at the moment I can see you doing what you want in the switch template is once you get a click is to then have a set time for the slowdown to happen and when that is over have a speed up time in the new direction. I don't know how the delayed reaction to a users click will affect whatever gameplay you have come up with.

4. ash_white

ash_white Boxer

Take a look at the bbdoc in the zip attached and you'll see the kind of simple gameplay.

The 'time easing' did slow the character down but it kept pausing the character on every tap so I removed it in the attached example.

I'll check out that link and see if I can figure this out some how. Seems such an obvious thing but that's not exactly how it goes down here.

Attached Files:

5. PunkPuffin

PunkPuffin Avid Boxer

Looks ok but might not be perfect. It should get you started though

Attached Files:

6. ash_white

ash_white Boxer

Ahh cool, thanks.

I see what you have done. What I need to do is create a tap gesture for each time the user moves left and right. This is more of a hold to move in one direction but I'll see if I can adapt this.

Thanks for your help though on this!