Bb3 Sound Request... ?

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Clixo Games, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Clixo Games

Clixo Games Boxer

Request

It seems like this may be a bug, if not, there should be a option.

When i have a sound to play in my bb3 game. Its reset everytime that sound has to play. It doesn't play over the current one.

A little example to get a better understanding: Lets say i have a shoot button. If i keep holding it down it will shoot my bullets. But if i have a sound played everytime the bullet gets shot it will reset the sound. My opinion is that there should be a option to make it reset or just play over the other one.

I cant finish my game if this can't be a option. The gametype will feel very unprofessional

2. Hanomax

Hanomax Avid Boxer

If I understand your issue correctly, then there is a hack for that.

3. Clixo Games

Clixo Games Boxer

Great little hack we can do. Also the issue is reported now thx :)

4. Logan242

Logan242 Avid Boxer

Hi @Trapix Games I am having trouble with my music. It seems that in BB3 the music only seems to work if you put it on a UI. I tried playing the music on the start UI but that only seems to work in the BB3 preview and not on Testflight. Playing the music from the UI causes the music to restart every time it goes back to the menu screen. Are you experiencing this problem?

5. Clixo Games

Clixo Games Boxer

6. Colin MH

Colin MH Boxer

Thanks for the sharing. Your Youtube channel also rocks. It will help many people for sure. ;););) . Much appreciated.

Hanomax likes this.
  7. miika

miika Boxer

It's sad to see that this is the state of BB. Need to hack stuff that should just work :(. I've been with BB since 2016 and would not like to see stuff like this anymore :(.

8. Aitor Balda Jurado

Aitor Balda Jurado Boxer

This is a good hack... but it goes against all game programming rules... it is a potential performance killer, since instantiating a growing number of objects is not a good practise in any game engine. This is another feature should be done by BB as soon as possible.

9. Scriv

Scriv Boxer

If you’re not keen on spawning the sound which admittedly could get out of hand,

I’d take the “switch” node and have two instances of the sound plugged in. That way if you’re firing bullets it’ll alternate between instances of the sound...

Also shorten your fire sound to round off quicker. And slightly pitch shift the second fire sound so that the noise doesn’t become repetitive and fatiguing. For repetitive sound you might like 2-5 slightly different instances running randomly.

10. Clixo Games

Clixo Games Boxer

The problem is fixed in the latest beta release

11. Aitor Balda Jurado

Aitor Balda Jurado Boxer

What problem exactly? I have the latest release (unless they updated something today) and I experienced the same problem of audio being cut and not having a simple option to avoid it.

The hack v2 solution seems to be pretty good, with the switch node. I will test it. Thank you Scriv!!