Backgrounds Repeats

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Polyizer, Jun 25, 2016.

1. Polyizer

Polyizer Boxer

If I make a background using illustrator then import it into build box, the background repeats itself. Is their a way I can disable repeating background?

2. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yes. Import as an object and use it as a decoration. If you import your image as a background it always is meant to repeat itself. It makes sense for a sky for example... and the houses and trees in the foreground are objects/decorations.

3. Oeuvre

Oeuvre Boxer

It's my limited experience, so I could be wrong, that backgrounds made in illustrator don't repeat at all. At least not in SpaceShooter.

4. willielandon

willielandon Boxer

I second what David said: if you want to go with any other color other than white, opt for a fabric backdrop to eliminate glare (just make sure you bring a hand steamer, because they can wrinkle). Vinyl can also wrinkle if it’s not stored correctly, and those wrinkles can be tough to get out – borderline impossible if you notice the problem at the last minute.

Black is a tough choice, because chances are a lot of people posing in front of the S&R will be wearing black and fade into the background. In darker settings (if you do any outdoor shows that run into the evening), it also won’t pop as well.

If you plan to have the step and repeat long-term, invest in the fabric option. For the full rundown of what to look for in a step and repeat, check out this blog post:

5. Oeuvre

Oeuvre Boxer

What the hell is this thread about? I thought it was about BuildBox... not how to make a textile in Adobe Illustrator.