New To Buildbox

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by 3dProArtist, Jun 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. 3dProArtist

3dProArtist Boxer

Hello everyone,
    I m a 3d and 2d artist with more then 7 years of experience and now I want to use my skills and make indie games. but I am very new to buildbox and havent bought it until now. I want to buy it but I have read some thread here that we cant export game from buildbox 3 yet.
    is it true?

and i personally believe that 300$ per year is too much especially for people like us. Is there any coupon or something to decrease the price???

Thanks

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  2. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer

for people like you? I'm curious who you are compared to everyone else that would ask for a coupon. Personally I think its cheap. 300/12=25/month if you break that down to weeks a month that 25/4.3=$5.81/week....lets go even further to a part time job of 32 hours a week and work 4.3 weeks a month...thats $.18 for every hour you work to pay for BB...you need to work to support your hobby

3. 3dProArtist

3dProArtist Boxer

Well you cant just divide the amount and say its $.18 for every hour.
    First of all, you need to see the competition in the market. you can compare the yearly subscription to other engine permanent and more mature game engines.
    there are tons of engines out there which are like grandparents to buildbox and they offer permanent license. They also offer FREE version of the software to try it while buildbox doesnt even have a trail version.
    Ya i know they will offer trail or free limited version in the future but thats because of AppOnBoard, if they didnt acquire them then they wouldnt produce and free version while they didnt do it in the last 5 years.
    Plus I have read a lot of people complaining about the bugs and features, and I know they are working hard to fix them but as a small team, it takes them quite a lot of time and in yearly subscription, thats one of the biggest issue, because time is everything. Each day is very important for the subscribers, so to waste it in waiting for the bugs to be fixed, its not a good business model.
    I am not against buildbox, its good engine but beginners but their subscription model is not that competitive while other engines are available way more cheaper or free.
    Plus a lot of people are moving out because buildbox is very limited in its function. well if you say that i can add custom nodes for functionality then at the end of the day, it comes to coding which buildbox core function is against.

dkuca likes this.
  4. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer

I can use the $.18/hr reference as that at least a part time job. Also BB did have a free trial within even the last three years as I made multiple accounts to take advantage of that.

I’m just saying, as much crap as I have given BB they have a great product. Keep in mind also, when you pay your paying for BB2, BB3 IS given free...they EASILY could have separated their products and charged separately for them. Your going to ha e to wait for the free “trial version” or pony up for it.

5. Miko Buildbox

Miko Buildbox Moderator Staff Member

Not so nice of you Mr Rusted, not so nice...

6. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer

I am a subscriber as of now. It wasn’t legit that I did that. I wasn’t learning fast enough. I’d like to add I had horrible internet service and could rarely connect to Buildbox because of their constant pinging of the software. Each free trial turned into a subscription until I got frustrated because I couldn’t connect and then I close my account and then later I would try to here

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
  7. Miko Buildbox

Miko Buildbox Moderator Staff Member

We're happy to have you here!

Sean Buildbox and Hue Buildbox like this.
  8. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer

I appreciate it. I have and be very critical of BB sometimes, however in my view they have a fantastic roadmap.

Now, if we could just learn how to change the game speed in BB3....that would be awesome.

Jaro likes this.
  9. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Try changing these settings from within the 'MindMap' to make your games twice as fast.
    With Sub Steps on '0' and Time Warp on 2. You'll get double speed. To increase the speed by 50% change Time Warp to 1.5 & so on. 2019-07-02_11h14_25.png

10. Rusted

Rusted Avid Boxer