What We Are Working On...

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by TreySmith, Jun 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

Hi Guys,

From our internal notes here at BB, here's the first things we're focusing on with product:
    1. Stability
    2. Documentation
    3. Ease of use (nodes/assets)
    4. Monetization (easier ad integration/IAP/export)
    5. Buildbox Free
    I wanted to share as I know you guys are heavily involved. Will update as we have more headway!

Thanks!

2. rjp996tt

rjp996tt Boxer

Appreciate the update and the hard work!!

3. weboha

weboha Avid Boxer

thanks for update.
    I think no 1 is most important for bb3, I am saving game every time I change. it still crashes :/

tonymartz2 likes this.
  4. MomoMe

MomoMe Boxer

@TreySmith
    @NikRudenko
    TIME please!???
    We do need an exact clear schedule with exact dates.
    We do need an exact road map.
    I've been fed up already, I can't complete a single game since months using BB3 Beta4 and that buggy so called "Final release"!!! I got nothing but crashes and crashes and crashes and nodes which lack the simplest intuitive basic features!
    No more stick and carrot policy please!
    We are your customers, we are paid ones not free ones, So we all here do deserve a better service!
    How can we launch a game which is unable to save progress!??? No Check Point and no Node for such thing for no coders like me and many like me here!!!
    We'r are not alpha or beta testers here, we paid money to get a working product not to get unstable/unusable buggy software!!?

tonymartz2, SAvas, nizarawi and 2 others like this.
  5. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

Free? you mean free trial or full pro verson free??

6. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

I am with you bro :)

7. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

and 100 of problems which we already messaged?

8. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

We are working on this issue, and we believe we will be able to have it fixed as soon as possible. For now, please make sure that you have a full signal before hitting save as every time you save, it requires a clear signal to the network

9. Josh (Nology Games)

We are sorry about any and all issues that we have found during release of our software, we all working on getting all of these issues fixed and making sure that BB3 will be easier to use than BB2. Unfortunately, we had to focus on the foundations of BB3 before we could focus on anything else.

We unfortunately can not give an exact date, we are fully aware of why you wish to have one but the truth is that when you are changing codes, things can go wrong and it takes time to fix, so if we have an exact date but had to change it due to a new issue, it would only create more issues. I can assure you though, that we at buildbox are working overtime in order to get these updates out as soon as possible as we want our customers to be able to use Buildbox to
    It’s for potential.

10. Josh (Nology Games)

There will be a free version that will be there so our customers can use the software and gain a full understanding edits purchasing it.

11. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas Avid Boxer

I don't want to rush you guys but in order to publish to google play we need an update to BB3 before august due to this 64 bit support thing and august is just a few weeks away.
    It would be nice if we had this before august cause we can't just publish to ios, android is just as big of a market, even bigger.
    Thanks

12. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

but we are waiting chackpoints and level selector node, Voodoo is asking when i will finish prototype but i havenot answer, because of you.

tonymartz2 and MomoMe like this.
  13. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

The team of BB always waits until the last weeks, to realize that type of updates.
    I think that priority should be stability and monetization.
    If all of us were making money with BB3, we would all be happier.

dev.net likes this.
  14. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

This is understandable when you have a usable product. But when you've paid for something that is buggy and can't be used without coding then I would think it'll be reasonable to want to have a timeline of when to expect these fixes and updates. Are we suppose to wait until our subscription is up and to renew before the next update is available? The buildbox team has not delivered on anything (no documentation, more bugs in the release version than the last beta, no code-less nodes, etc.

MomoMe likes this.
  15. MomoMe

MomoMe Boxer

Hey guys BB is a "YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION" based software, a stable BB3 "FINAL" version was supposed to be ready and launched since 1-1-2019, I've not touched BB2 since November 2018, and I'm investing all my Time and Effort in BB3 because I saw it's the future!! So will BB will offer free months of subscription as a compensation to their current over patience or we will suddenly find our subscriptions gets expired without being able to launch a single game while paying 299$/Year which by the way in my currency is exactly something like if a US citizen pays "5000$/Year" can you get the point !!!!?????????
    In project management any "Project" MUST have a "Start" & "End" dates! of course things and issues happen, so the dates may change a bit, for ex. a project estimated to get completed in 12 months is OK to get delivered in 13 , 14 or even 15 months but not a half of a year and it's still counting with no limits! You are losing your current customers that way, So forget about "Exact", let's talk about maximum "Estimated Time" which may be subjected to a difference margin of some few weeks or even a month that would be acceptable.

I do appreciate @NikRudenko hard work, but BB is only a one person effort, he did all the development & maintenance all alone!!

Yes I know about the acquisition took place by "APPonboard" and I know they will invest much more human resources in the Dev. section to work with Nik and I truly do wish all on earth luck and success for him and BB.

Can you understand or just imagine the frustration if someone in the USA pays 5000$/Year and even don't get 1000$/Year in return of his investment, do you think that this guy could renew his BB subscription this way?

I'm bleeding money here and if you think 299$/Year is NOTHING for you, then please remember they WORTH TOO MUCH in my country (5000$/Year) and further more my TIME and EFFORT really really worth too much to me.

Please At least provide an optional ("Temporary Suspension") to the Yearly Subscriptions to stop the money bleeding if you will not be able to deliver a usable product in the coming 2 or 3 weeks!?

Thanking you in advance,

nizarawi likes this.
  16. whitedogapp

whitedogapp Avid Boxer

I understand need time to fix, but one month ago I paid 299$ which is 1000 GEL my country currency,
    and I didn't use because 50% of nodes not working or crashing, left 11 months of subscription, it is not fair guys.
    @NikRudenko
    @TreySmith

nizarawi and MomoMe like this.
  17. Josh (Nology Games)

We are doing everything that we can in order to meet everyone’s expectations, we do appreciate the patience and continued support, I do however need to lock this thread as we posted it to show you guys what we are doing, not for issues to be raised. Please email us at support@buildbox.com for any and all issues as it is the only way that we can organise priorities, please remember that we do need to focus on what the Majority of our customers want, so the more something gets reported, the faster we are at focusing on that as the priority. Otherwise, we are working on getting everyone done that is needed as soon as possible

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.