My game is crashing - Using too much RAM

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by alenvican, Apr 28, 2016.

1. alenvican

alenvican Boxer

My game is not so heavy, it has 33 levels and all the objects are just shapes, my game takes up 40MB of space, jet it consumes 580MB of RAM memory on my iPhone 6, and i just aded Google ads, and it crashes everytime i start to play, Xcode warns me with
    Terminated due to memory issue
    Please help, what can i do?

2. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

May be you are using Large size sprite images

3. alenvican

alenvican Boxer

Is there a way to resize them so that i must not rebuild and position them in a game over again

4. heathclose

heathclose Miniboss Boxer

This has to be done before it is brought into bb

5. mohamed awad

mohamed awad Avid Boxer

i have same problem here , BB take 1.8 GB ram
    how can i solve this issue ????

Attached Files:

6. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Make sure floors etc are one or at least a few images. Versus 50 blocks to make the ground, use one big block etc. ALso you could use CLONE option. BACKUP YOUR GAME FIRST [save as, then name it gamenameBU] Then select an object in your first levels that you use A LOT through the game. Then go to CLONE option. This saves a TON of memory if used correctly but you cannot go back after you do it thats why you need to make a BU. In case it gets messed up.
    But before doing that i would take all your assets and resize them. Drop you ground objects, enemies whatever into your fav paint program and resize them. Then in buildbox select them on left and drop the image on top. Only catch is you will need to go through each level and resize them manually to fit in the levels correctly. But that will for SURE free up a lot of memory usage on iphone when game is being played.
    Ive doen this for many people who just could understand it. So if you want me to do all this for you i will. Or if you know another boxer who is skilled and gets it and you trust them with your game source, then send it to them if they will help. But you can send me your file and i will make the needed adjustments and send it back. Up to you.
    Oh and @mohamed awad for you thats just normal. Buildbox takes up a chunk of ram. The more ram you have the better but you can use
    IObit Advanced SystemCare[Free version] to free up a ton of resources. What i use. It will clean up a lot of stuff and can even release unused and uneeded background programs so that it frees up more ram to be used with BB. Works a CHARM.

mohamed awad likes this.
  7. mohamed awad

mohamed awad Avid Boxer

@OneHitGamer the problem is in BB prog
    i tried to watch CPU usage memory and i noticed that whenever i make any adjustments on game mind map like connect UI to aother the more space from memory was taken ,
    not just this , delete UI ,copy UI , and add objects ( sometimes memory still taken whenever i delete it and photo from atlases )
    This project cost me two full months , i don't know what should i do now.:(

8. mohamed awad

mohamed awad Avid Boxer

and when i export this project to android , it dosn't work because of the big memory it take
    although the APK file 13MB

9. mohamed awad

mohamed awad Avid Boxer

look bro,
    i need to rebuild my project again but i have no time for that ,so what about this to rebuild it for me ?
    how can i contact with you ?

10. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

I offer my services to reduce the size of your project, but I do not know if it would be possible if you have many worlds.
    http://www.bbriver.com/market/optimization-of-your-game

11. mohamed awad

mohamed awad Avid Boxer

Thanks for interesting,
    This project has become this size when connect one UI to other ( increased 1400MB ram )
    the exporting apk file in 13MB and it does not work

12. mohamed awad

mohamed awad Avid Boxer

just 4 atlases and 94 small worlds (just 2 big worlds)
    The problem is not of the world , without connection ui, the project works well with no problem

13. AppNasty

AppNasty Miniboss Boxer

Just got your email. Sending PM now.