Spawning Characters/objects

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Stryder, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Stryder

Stryder Boxer

Hey Boxers,
    I'm trying to figure out how to spawn a certain number of characters in BB3. I'm trying to set up a counter that will only spawn that specific number of characters. This is a really good example of what I'm trying to do.

(Kudos to however's game this is).

You see how the balls spawn and there are only 5 of them? I'm trying to accomplish this but am having trouble. I'm not creating a game like this but the spawning is exactly what I am trying to accomplish. Thank you in advance for your help!

(I do apologize for double posting. I posted this thread in the wrong section before)

2. Stryder

Stryder Boxer

Still stuck on this issue unfortunately. Any help is greatly appreciated!

3. k0rzun1n

k0rzun1n Administrator Staff Member

Hey Stryder.
    Check the bbdoc in the archive. It features a new node that should solve your problem.
    The node is not yet in BB3, but it should be included in newer versions. I've added it to the archive too.

Attached Files:

Sean Buildbox and Stryder like this.
  4. Stryder

Stryder Boxer

Thank you! I appreciate your help.

5. k0rzun1n

Hey Stryder. I've been told by a mod here that you probably have an older version of BB3 and it won't open the bbdoc I've sent you.
    So here's an archive with all the nodes used there and a guide.
    You need to create a new asset and set up the nodes inside of it like in these screenshots.
    1. Set the amount of objects spawned in Threshold node.
    upload_2019-6-5_10-10-33.png
    2. Choose the asset that is spawned. (It will spawn new object at the position of the Spawner.)
    upload_2019-6-5_10-13-0.png
    3. Put Spawner somewhere in the 3D World. (You can delete 3D Model in it if you want) upload_2019-6-5_10-14-59.png

Attached Files:

Stryder likes this.
  6. Stryder

Stryder Boxer

I cannot thank you enough, k0rzun1n! This is exactly what I was looking for. So this method work if you are trying to spawn the object after you shoot too? For example, an arrow shoot game with 5 arrows(not creating this just using as an example again) when the arrow spawns right after you shoot.

EDIT: I tried to drag the node itself from the folder but it won't let me upload it to my current project.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  7. k0rzun1n

Right now you'll have to just duplicate "Create Asset" node 4 times, so there are 5 of them, and connect them to the shooting signal. But I'll make something like a "Repeater" node for this case later.

I guess the current release version of BB3 doesn't have the new feature used in that node. I'll ask if I can share our not-yet-released versions.
    Meanwhile, stay tuned for the updates.

8. Stryder

Stryder Boxer

I appreciate it thanks! It would be cool to have a node that would allow you to spawn your character instead of picking one asset. That way if a new character is unlocked that will be the thing to spawn instead of a specific asset. Thanks again for your help.

9. Stryder

Stryder Boxer

@k0rzun1n Thanks again for your help.

EDITED

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  10. Stryder

Stryder Boxer

So close to completing my game! I managed to figure everything out except for this counter! It's killing me... In the video the sphere drops to indicate that you used one. I'm not even trying to get fancy like that I just want a counter to show the player how many items they have left. One final step but I am struggling mightily with it.