Pixelbox, Voxelbox, Soundbox, And Animationbox Integration. And A Small Gripe.

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Snozzberry, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Avid Boxer

Alright, I feel like i'm heading to big bummer island with my questions about these products, but here they go.....

Do any of these tools allow you to pipeline your work into Buildbox?

I see very few videos or support for these products other than in the unveiling and maybe a demo video. I am also so confused that there are no sections in the forum devoted to these as well. Admittedly, I have the focus of a cat at a disco so please make me aware if I am overlooking anything that is already in place.

VoxelBox:
    I think I jumped the gun on getting the Master Collection because I assumed that all the products worked together. I was totally confused when I finished a scene in VoxelBox and went to export it I only had the option for OBJ and separated all of the textures that I would have to reapply inside BB. I honestly just said to myself "EFF THIS!" and decided I would use MagicaVoxel and Blender. I just thought maybe VB would a proprietary file type that would contain all textures for easy import into BB. Am I dumb for thinking this?

I think SoundBox is really cool actually and it is an awesome tool for quickly throwing together sounds and layering for cinema effects. So no problems there.

PixelBox is a neat only because it allows me to throw together menu's without getting into my illustration software BUT I created some menus with animations and got totally bummed that the animations were just PNG animations. I totally expected it to export a compatible file format with layers and retain animation information that could be imported and edited into BB. For now, I guess I can just export as separate files and do the animations within BB. Again, am I missing something?

AnimationBox is neat enough and I am glad that it can export png frames for animation. But on the other hand, I already own CrazyTalk Animator 3 which is pretty robust with their skeleton engine. I was still excited to use AnimationBox because I assumed (I gotta stop assuming) that it would pipeline straight into BB.

I am still really jazzed about Buildbox's future and I like where Trey and Nik's vision is taking it. I think I am just a little frustrated because I spent some money that I didn't have for what I hoped would be a set of tools that I did not have to work outside of. On top of that, I was really disappointed when the final version of BB3 came out and the Jump/Gravity issue wasn't fixed and little things like the "Stuck" template was still broken.

I am just a guy trying to get some ideas off of the ground and I hope I am not presenting myself as a poor artist that is blaming his brushes. I'd rather pour solutions on the problems instead of gasoline. These questions and concerns are mentioned with growth in mind. So please do not take this as a bash on Buildbox, it's creators or this community. I'm a fan suckas!

Coldwilson likes this.
  2. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

If these do come up don't get them. I haven't seen any updates for them since they came out. Honestly, they were just put together to advertise Master Collection 2 in order to gain quick cash. They even did this with the first master collection. Got a bunch of cool looking software hacked together marketed it good in an event video sold it for thousands of dollars and no updates. They just got abandoned. So if these come up or another Master Collection comes up. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR FALL FOR IT.

3. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

We appreciate your support! We are currently underway on expanding tutorials and documentation on MC 2.0 software, we agree its been long overdue.

Regarding VB, I can say an update is near on this. It's high priority.

PB it is working as expected, but I can understand the confusion. Talking with the team about this to see what might be possible for future imports ;)

Feel free to DM me or reach out, we're always happy to help! And yes, the MC 2.0 package will be receiving updates in the near future overall.

Coldwilson and BTC Studio like this.
  4. BTC Studio

BTC Studio Boxer

Glad to hear some love is coming to the MC 2.0 package, definitely needs some documentation/tutorials and updates!

5. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Avid Boxer

Thanks for clarifying Sean. When I first bought in I knew that the extras may not have been as good as some of my free tools or other design software that I use but was sold on the idea of their interconnectivity (thinking it would help with any learning curve). Me thinks I bit a little too hard on the marketing and was somewhat crestfallen when I realized that they were not as connected as I had hoped.

I came in very late to the game so I had no context of the completeness of any of the BB3 project or ancillary software. I am glad to have BB as it stands rather than waiting for it to be perfect.

Again, thanks for reaching out and I look forward to the new updates and video content.

6. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Honestly, I think BB3 needs to be in a solid working state before you spread your selves out to other software.

7. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

All MC2 software will be updated this year. We're making a lot of new hires, including some that will be solely focused on MC software. Definitely not abandoned and a big part of what we're building at Buildbox!

8. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

I hope it will have a good updates so it can be compatible with each other and with bb also I hope I won’t see a MC3 and forget about this like it was happened with MC1 I don’t want to pay more money for updates.

9. TreySmith

TreySmith Moderator

That is absolutely the goal and it will be a free update for full pay users and active subscribers.

Hue Buildbox and wayne_martell like this.