Heyzap Reward Video Not Working With Admob, Zacks Youtube Tutorial!

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Kill DM, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Kill DM

Kill DM Boxer

There is a BB/Heyzap issue with reward video, when done as directed by Zacks Youtube video tutorial...

When the video reward button is pressed, Either a Heyzap ad or Admob ad will play. If the ad is from Heyzap, An ad will play and you will receive your reward... However, If the video is an Admob ad (9.5 Times out of 10) You will not receive the video reward.

A fix for this is crucial, as this is how we monetize to make money and pay for BB, Not to mention that customers playing our games, tend to feel cheated (Bad reviews) if they watch a reward video and don't receive the promised reward. In the case of my game it's catastrophic, Since players need that promised reward to continue in the game.

I have brought this issue up to the buildbox team in the past and am waiting on a verdict. I have spent many weeks testing, troubleshooting and watching hundreds of ads to discover the cause.

Please duplicate Zack's YouTube Tutorial to bring attention to an issue that most BB game developers aren't aware is occurring, and help solve this issue.

Thanks, David

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  2. Kill DM

Kill DM Boxer

Update: I am working with members of the BuildBox team. Hopefully we'll discover the root of the problem. There is a 50% chance that this is a HeyZap issue. I would highly recommend for you to test and post your results here.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    Collin Wade Thiessen likes this.
  3. Quantico

Quantico Boxer

Hi, just for the record, its not a heyzap issue, because It also happens with appodeal if you use admob reward video. For rewards I use Applovin, Vungle and Unity without issues. For buildbox I like Applovin because the reward native message works . You can also reward the players without heyzap or appodeal, just create a new scene with an interstitial and a per game purchase button

4. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

We just had that happen ourselves with Appodeal. But we though it was Chartboost. Will definitely take a look at Admob. Thanks for reporting. What has the Buildbox team said? It must have something to do with the purchase button, no? Because with Appodeal you change the header file and the sdk completely. So it doesn't have anything to do with the advertising SDK. Somehow certain ads do not trigger the reward... very strange.

Shrey and Kill DM like this.
  5. seabreeezy

seabreeezy Boxer

I'd be interested in hearing a bit more on this as well... I spent some time banging my head against the wall trying to get reward videos to work (using Heyzap + Admob) following that same tutorial - the videos would work, but the user wouldn't actually receive a reward. I ended up turning off Admob within Heyzap for the time being.

6. Shrey

Shrey Boxer

I am facing the same problem too and I am so frustrated why it doesn’t work, I am having one problem after the next and this is so annoying. Heyzap and Admob can’t even do their job right

7. eric_vandenhoek

eric_vandenhoek Boxer

Hi thanks for warning us David. just wanted to start with rewarded videos. I understand Admob still does not work with Heyzap. Do you use an alternative for rewarded videos?

8. Quantico

Quantico Boxer

This was back in april @eric_vandenhoek , admob/heyzap reward videos are working fine now

9. Kill DM

Kill DM Boxer

Admob/Heyzap Reward video is still not working on any iOS devices I've tested. Every once in a while you might get an admob ad that rewards, But 99% of the time it doesn't!

10. Unclouded Studio

Unclouded Studio Boxer

@Kill DM I've also noticed this issue. Is this still an issue? Is it only admob?

11. Lobsters

Lobsters Boxer

Has anyone managed to get to the root of this problem?

Heyzap reward videos work fine for me, but when i added admob network, the reward video plays but doesn't give the reward, whether it be coins or continue/extra life

12. Mancha

Mancha Boxer

@Buildbox An additional Admob Reward input field in the Advertising settings would be great. There's banner and interstitial, however admob provide a reward video service, for complete beginners I'd say this is an absolute must, some people don't want to deal with all this Heyzap stuff, and by the way Heyzap don't support the Buildbox reward videos any longer.

Kindly look into this urgently, I'm sure plenty of BB customers have a deadline, as do I.

13. donatellagames

donatellagames Boxer

how have you done it ? did yo use other ads or admob? can you pls explain to me .. i am trying to figure out that... I have watched the youtube video ... but not sure if i am doing right

14. Shamrock

Shamrock Boxer

Same problem here with Heyzap + AdMob, only Heyzap ads payout the reward.

15. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Well, Admob is so frustating since last couple of days. Same problem here mate. Heyzap rewarded video isn't working with android studio now but it is working well in iOS. No ads appears through mediation in android studio. Have spent countless hours figuring out but still no result. Also tried to contact heyzap support for the same, but to the worst case, even their support page isn't working. So now this is really a terrible situation. Maybe their SDKs are messed up or something else. Not only Admob, even Applovin isn't working when run through heyzap rewarded video in android studio

16. Kill DM

Kill DM Boxer

I can't get the "reward video" to work on android to save my life. It's very frustrating. What in the world is going on?

17. Rafiq Sharman

Rafiq Sharman Boxer

It almost a year now from the 1st post.
    Do we manage to get the issue solved?

Or we need to wait until 2020 to make it works?

18. jimmiethekid

jimmiethekid Boxer

any resolution for this? I would like to offer reward videos as well but looks like its not working. An option like I have with banner and interstitial would be nice. Seems like an oversight that this was missed?

19. Paco

Paco Boxer

I have the same problem! I have followed all the steps to integrate ADMOB with HeyZap for reward videos and it does not work for me.
    Is there any solution?

20. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Everything is probably out of date, since heyzap were purchased by Fyber last year. So I am guessing the process and/or the SDK in BB is very outdated and probably doesnt work