Node Layout Request!

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Brandon Humfleet, May 31, 2019.

1. Brandon Humfleet

Brandon Humfleet Boxer

i am not a programmer by any means, and not sure how hard this would be, but i see it in alot of software i use and would like to request this. here is a mockup, of a node layout i would request...

upload_2019-5-31_7-21-15.png

i think having the ability to add or change the node lines to 90 degrees would help with layout. and look cleaner. also the ability to do a drag select for fast layout.

2. Stryder

Stryder Boxer

I agree with this as well. I also create games in Unreal Engine and they allow you to do it. Can't tell you how much time I spent re-organizing nodes because of this feature lol It would be cool to have in BB3 great idea.

3. Coldwilson

Coldwilson Avid Boxer

Not used that format before so can't comment but I can see it could help. I'd also suggest the ability to show/hide the lines (or maybe put them behind the nodes) as sometimes it's hard to manage connections without pulling a node away to see what's going on underneath the mass of lines.

I'd also say that I've got nodes overlapping to help with space on screen and some overlap whilst others go under. I can't see a way to "bring to front". Not tried deleting and re-doing but that would cause chaos.

landofgreendev likes this.