Wtf Bb3

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by NeedSomeHelp, May 27, 2019.

1. NeedSomeHelp

NeedSomeHelp Boxer

Since the update (official release) when I want to save my project, buildbox crahes.

2. PunkPuffin

PunkPuffin Avid Boxer

Crashes in a lot of places :eek:

3. nyamuk91

nyamuk91 Boxer

You're lucky if it just crashed. My file actually crashed and corrupted. And not only that, for some reason, it also corrupted all of the backup files that I try to open. I had to uninstall BB3 and reinstall everything again. Luckily it was only a test project. I can't imagine if it happened to a real project

4. NeedSomeHelp

NeedSomeHelp Boxer

That doesnt sound good... I was indeed lucky, just exported my assets and imported them into a new Project. Btw does anyone has a good Explosion Animation for my character when he gets defeated? Or knows how to create something like that?

5. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

What a stable release this was :)

6. Stryder

Stryder Boxer

I experienced some trouble with BB3 a few days ago. I would press play and it would freeze and crash. Luckily I haven't come across any save issues yet(fingers crossed). Have you tried to restart the program or your computer? Not sure if that will solve your issue but for me it worked.

7. PunkPuffin

PunkPuffin Avid Boxer

@NeedSomeHelp there is one in the forum or try the new smart asset if BB3 doesn’t crash getting to it like mine does

8. NeedSomeHelp

NeedSomeHelp Boxer

Thanks, do you know where in the forum or how i can find it?

9. NeedSomeHelp

NeedSomeHelp Boxer

so i added an explosion node from the new assets to my character and that works great but when the node is added, it doesnt go over to the game over menu, so it doesnt do the menu jump