How To Make Paths In Bb3?

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by joe_cooper, May 25, 2019.

1. joe_cooper

joe_cooper Boxer

I have been trying to create paths for several days in BB3 and seems to be no easy way to do it.

Support have been so slow answering this (I first wrote to them already nearly a week ago), so, just wondering if anyone here in the forums knows how to do it.

Firstly, to clarify, I'm NOT talking about the game path option that you have in BB3.

I am talking about paths for objects and enemies (as you could do easily in BB2)

I need to create different paths for 6-10 different enemy objects that will be walking around a screen, changing directions and speeds.

In my waiting, I managed to find a very round about way of doing this by editing the code for some nodes, but it's very much a poor man's workaround, and will take ages to plot the paths for all the charactors (especially when export asset just crashes and never works).

I know there has to be an easy way to do this, both because it's such an important feature to have and was already in buildbox 2.. and secondly because you even have the draw ball which is a much more advanced path creator that follows the player's path. We just need the same thing but that we program the path ourselves as developers.

Help needed!!

Thanks everyone!