How To Create Custom Character In Buildbox 3d

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by kurt bradley, Apr 15, 2019.

1. kurt bradley

kurt bradley Boxer

I tried creating my own custom character using other engines such as blender, Now i was able to export them as .obj which worked fined with build box once I imported it. Now my problem is I need it to animate let's i have a character that is currently in idle mode, once it moves I need the character to animate like it's walking or running meaning that the arms and legs should be animating or moving, I am in search of the workflow that will help me achieve this if possible, since all the tutorial I saw while surfing the net is only using simple meshes like cube, spheres and such. I want to do a little bit more complex like this.

2. CHAF

CHAF Boxer

I would really like to know that as well before getting my subscription back.

3. imonedesign

imonedesign Boxer

@kurt bradley I think this is not an animated 3d object, maybe its made using the "8 Side Animation" node.

4. CHAF

CHAF Boxer

5. harbime

harbime Boxer

I think buildbox will not animate your .obj file, you should create your animations in the 3D software and export each one, then use them in BB as different animations.

6. Iman M

Iman M Boxer

Hi @Buildbox , Can you make this project file available so we can download and have a look to see how the character is made?
    Thanks

7. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

This one of the first tutorials that came out with BB3 it brushes over the animation part but it looks like the "8 Side Animation" in action I'm not sure why they won't do a simple tut to show us how it was done, maybe it's broken and need fixing ?

Tom King likes this.