Bb3 Help

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by NeedSomeHelp, May 19, 2019.

1. NeedSomeHelp

NeedSomeHelp Boxer

I have a ball that I control with touch (code in screenshot). The goal is that the player has to navigate this ball from platform to platform, but the ball just falls through these platforms. its only working when I dont navigate the ball and he moves in a straight line from platform to platform. (he jumps from platform to the next one.) I dont understand why he just falls through the platforms when i use the controls to navigate him

Attached Files:

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

I can't read that as it's too small. Have you set the collision shapes and physics? If you have, set the player you wish to controls Mesh to HULL and select the player mesh. There's a bug where meshs do not collide correctly but selecting Hull works.

3. NeedSomeHelp

NeedSomeHelp Boxer

4. ItrytolearnBuildbox

ItrytolearnBuildbox Boxer

I think because you are moving your character in the update function the physics don't apply correctly.
    Try to disable the 'move' code with an additional boolean and set the boolean to true with an additional Input were you can hook up a 'if collide Node'. But I don't really think that will work. You have to get physics in there and move the character with setVelocity(), don't move the node by position as you do right now.

5. PunkPuffin

PunkPuffin Avid Boxer

Run with debug on and see if your collider moves too. I bet it doesn’t