Android Export Working Now?

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Dud, May 4, 2019.

1. Dud

Dud Boxer

I checked out the Buildbox 3 beta a few months ago but at the time the Android export didn't work. Is it active now and has anybody successfully built something for the Android store with it? I'm just trying to determine if it is worth taking another look at Buildbox.

2. Mancha

Mancha Boxer

Wait for the official 3.0 release, there should be a trial offer available, apparently it's coming soon(Heard that last November when I forked out $$dollars$$ to get software I wanted to use with BuildBox 3 and not to mention an App Store membership, and others to sound, music, graphic and 3d modelling providers, which all have to be renewed in 5/6 months:)))))

I haven't been able to test on an android device, due to errors in the gradle project with no recommended solutions available, all builds just crash on app launch that are exported with BB3 Beta V#3049.. but I have seen a few BB3 games on the Play Store so I guess a few good people are coming right.

3. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

BB3 Beta RC 1 can export to Android without issues. That's the beta version before the newest RC2

4. Mancha

Mancha Boxer

Problem is that the game I'm working on makes use of the latest API additions, they are not exposed in previous versions. I've tried previous builds like 3044(game play works but Android export files are also corrupt), 2429, 2354, 2301(these 3 don't support certain API libraries that were added recently)

5. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Well, latest builds of BB2, 2.3.8, build 2506 also have issues with Android Exports, related to
    error: cannot find symbol class R