Should I Start Use Buildbox 3 ?

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by wissemslimi974, May 7, 2019.

1. wissemslimi974

wissemslimi974 Boxer

Hi all,
    I've been using buildbox 2 for a long time and always wonder if i should start making my games with the 3d version but as you already know there is a plenty of bugs in this version.
    My question is buildbox 3 stable enough to start using it ? or should i wait for the official release ?
    your opinion matters .
    Thank you and sorry for my bad english.

2. AndyG

AndyG Miniboss Boxer

BB3 v1.0 is just weeks maybe days away. I would get a feel for BB3 with the current beta version first but hold off on any serious game development until v1.0 arrives as it is so close to release.

3. Ivan Perfetti

Ivan Perfetti Avid Boxer

@wissemslimi974
    Hi, IMHO it's indeed very useful to start messing with Buildbox 3D now since you already have free access to it and since it is quite different from BB2, for example there are nodes and you can edit/add code, if you're into that, which would require some learning.
    Even if the current beta still misses a few key features and still has quite a few bugs it's very stable and only crashes once in a long while.
    As @AndyG pointed out, the release of is near but I'd also consider that the core features are already there in the current Beta.
    If I were in you I'd start using BB3 right away to get confident with it.
    Just my two cents. :)

4. Appossible

Appossible Avid Boxer

I'm wondering if bb3 has combo system, like helix jump, if you get through 3 bars in a row, the character will be on fire and gets invincible for like 5 seconds or something. This is a very important feature to a game.

5. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

Maybe upon release :)

6. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

Definitely start getting used to working with BB3. This will only serve to get you up to speed quicker when BB3 V.1 is released. There will be more nodes and lighting in the first production version.

7. wissemslimi974

wissemslimi974 Boxer

Thank you all for the great advices and as all of you already mentioned, i must start learning the 3d environment and the new features before the official release.

Bilz636 and Maria like this.