Gdpr, Google Consent Sdk And Buildbox

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by itzonator, Mar 14, 2019.

1. George L.

George L. Boxer

Discard all the above I made it work , YEY :)

Again thanks for all the info, you the MAN !

itzonator likes this.
  2. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

I installed the Admob SDK and the Consent SDK manually. I do not use Pods. :)
    However, do not use the latest version of Admob SDK, because the game crash when doing so, as there are other frameworks now besides GoogleMobileAds. I use GoogleMobileAdsSdkiOS-7.41.0.

The GAD issue you had is because you have to declare
    #import "GoogleMobileAds/GoogleMobileAds.h" on AppDelegate.mm as well, even if you do not add nothing else from the Google Consent SDK there.

Yes, when you remove * from status it becomes useless. So instead it is going to load the form every time the app loads, instead of saving the Consent Status. This is good, because the unusual variable "status" is a warning, so it will compile as it is. So this eliminates the Revoke Consent problem, as I could not figure it out with Navigation Custom option.

However, in settings screen in your game you can revoke consent with a button and this is what I am currently trying to figure out. I want to click the button and display that Consent Form again when the button is pressed, but so far I could not manage it :)

All I know you can add this in AdIntegrator.mm
    -(void)buttonActivated:(NSString*) name{} -> in this function, you can revoke consent (to show the form again), but I could not manage to do it yet.

3. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

@George L. if you followed the steps so far you got the form loaded, great, but there's nothing about checking if that's a EU user or not.

So we need to add some IF the user is in the EU by location, then show the form. We do not want to display the form to US users or to users outside the EU.

To do this, you have to add this:
    PACConsentInformation.sharedInstance.requestLocationInEEAOrUnknown

Once consent information is successfully updated, you can also checkPACConsentInformation.sharedInstance.requestLocationInEEAOrUnknown to see if the user is located in the European Economic Area or the request location is unknown.

If the requestLocationInEEAOrUnknown property is NO, the user is not located in the European Economic Area and consent is not required under the EU User Consent Policy. You can make ad requests to the Google Mobile Ads SDK.

If the requestLocationInEEAOrUnknown property is YES:

• If the PACConsentStatus is PACConsentStatusPersonalized or PACConsentStatusNonPersonalized, the user has already provided consent. You can now forward consent to the Google Mobile Ads SDK.

• If the user has an PACConsentStatusUnknown consent, see the Collect consent section below, which describes the use of utility methods to collect consent.

4. George L.

George L. Boxer

Hi, @itzonator

What version of admob sdk are you using ? As you said the latest one crashes and i think that is because since ver 7.4.2 it has a dependency on utility framework that they included.

Can you tell me where can i download earlier versions ? I could only found 7.29 but that is still very old.

I also noticed that with 7.14 (the one bb2 has) if you turn on the limit advertising on ios ads wont show or maybe is just me. But I need to update it and i cant find a source :(

Thanks !

5. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

I am using GoogleMobileAdsSdkiOS-7.41.0.

I do not know from where to download older versions. I always keep records of old versions of SDKs just in case, I do not simply delete them. If you type this version in Pods will it show? I am not familiar too much with Pod installs, as some folks recommend it, but I prefer old school ;-)

Here's mine: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6kpyz20o0nakp40/AAA0dfNCuLuQ4ehsM-885ykka?dl=0

George L. likes this.
  6. George L.

George L. Boxer

You are awesome ! Last question as I did not update until now the sdk, do I just relace the file in the libs->ads->PTadmob folder before I open the project ? Do I need to link anything ?

Thank you !!!

7. George L.

George L. Boxer

Nwm, I just deleted the old one and then pasted the new one :D, now I have to test to see if the ads will show if I have limit ads on, on my phone :D

8. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Depends if there are any errors with the newer SDK. You have to add it to the project first :)

9. usman911

usman911 Boxer

I have got it working on iOS but the popup shows every time. How can I get it to only show once?

Thanks in advance.

10. SirNel

SirNel Boxer

BB now has a revoke button but how do we add an accept button on privacy policy in-game?

11. SirNel

SirNel Boxer

Following up to the post I shared above, I included a Privacy Policy page after the splash screen and used the event observer to make it load on the first launch only. Then I also included the same page on the menu but this time you do not need to accept to proceed, you can follow the buttons to the site where I hosted the Privacy Policy and Terms of use. See examples here.