64-bit Apps Required By Google Play

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by patostar, Jan 28, 2019.

1. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

Hello,

Google just sent us emails saying that 32-bit apps will not be supported in from august 2019, and that it should be 64-bit.

Can anyone explain what this means and how to check if our buildbox games are 64 or 32?

2. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

Why not read the blog that came with the email from google?

The 64-bit requirement: what it means for developers
    Starting August 1, 2019:
    • All new apps and app updates that include native code are required to provide 64-bit versions in addition to 32-bit versions when publishing to Google Play.
    • Extension: Google Play will continue to accept 32-bit only updates to existing games that use Unity 5.6 or older until August 2021.
    Starting August 1, 2021:
    • Google Play will stop serving apps without 64-bit versions on 64-bit capable devices, meaning they will no longer be available in the Play Store on those devices.
    • This will include games built with Unity 5.6 or older.
    The requirement does not apply to:
    • APKs or app bundles explicitly targeting Wear OS or Android TV, which are form factors that do not currently support 64-bit code.
    • APKs or app bundles that are not distributed to devices running Android 9 Pie or later.
    We are not making changes to our policy on 32-bit support. Play will continue to deliver apps to 32-bit devices. This requirement means that apps with 32-bit native code will need to have an additional 64-bit version as well.

If I remember correctly Buildbox default is now 64-bit.

3. hybrid.gl

hybrid.gl Boxer

i just submit two updates to the google play store and had a warning that its 32 bits, that i should change to include 64 bits.
    does that mean buildbox is 32bits?

4. Alex809

Alex809 Boxer

I received this same notice when submitting an app.. Supposedly Buildbox is supposed to be 64bit but with this notice idk.

5. Jake2019

Jake2019 Boxer

How to build the file for android 64bit

6. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

Yep everyone that has android apps got this email.
    Google is still supporting 32bit but apparently, you have to have a 64bit version as well.

Its googles way of "trying" to get people on the latest updates.

7. Repez

Repez Boxer

So how can we export a game in 64 bit?

patostar likes this.
  8. Utena123

Utena123 Boxer

Need help on this too!

9. freak7

freak7 Boxer

Still waiting for a stable version of Buildbox 2 to export 64 bit Android apps.

10. Utena123

Utena123 Boxer

Hey, I have messaged support and they have sent me, I guess, updated 2.2.8 version and it works like magic. Howevwe, be sure to target 28 API SDK version (it's targeting 26 API after export). Just change 26 to 28 in build.gradle (Module:app)

11. sarmad nadeem

sarmad nadeem Boxer

hello, how can i add 64 bit code for buildbox version 2.3.3 ?

12. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

Hey, unfortunately 2.3.3 doesn't support 64-bit, so you have to upgrade to 2.3.8

13. sarmad nadeem

sarmad nadeem Boxer

do you have 2.3.8 version bro?

14. Raul muñoz

Raul muñoz Boxer

Hi, I'm new to buildbox and I just paid the license, but they gave me access; or they just sent me the buildbox version 3.0.0.0.

but since I'm new, I bought the license to learn in 2D., which I think is version 2.3.XX.

I have also read that to upload games to the Google Play Store, they must be games that come in 64 bits., and they say that the only version or beta of buildbox that can build or export them in 64bits is 2.3.8 ... this is true ???

if so ... as I request, and that my license works in this version .... I ask in these forums because buildbox support does not answer ... send emails and nothing.

Sorry for my English, I'm using translator.

15. Raul muñoz

Raul muñoz Boxer

[QUOTE = "patostar, post: 91195, member: 60842"] Hola, lamentablemente 2.3.3 no admite 64 bits, por lo que debe actualizar a 2.3.8 [/ QUOTE]

hola, ¿tienes la versión 2.3.8? ¡Es cierto que esta versión permite que los juegos se compilen o ejecuten en 64 bits según lo solicitado por Google Play Store! descargo una versión que publicaron en estos foros., pero cuando me enviaron mi licencia me la enviaron, marca un error al conectarse al servidor ... Creo que porque mi licencia es para buildbox 3.0.0 (3d). ¿Sabes lo que debo hacer para poder usar la versión 2.3.8?

16. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

17. patostar

patostar Avid Boxer

Hey, yes you need to install the version 2.3.8 which supports 64-bit. If you purchased buildbox they must've sent you the license key for buildbox 2.