Buildbox 3 Release Date

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Reverse Studios, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Reverse Studios

Reverse Studios Boxer

@TreySmith @NikRudenko @ Josh(Tekanology)
    We have not gotten much communication regarding the exact release bracket/date that makes it extremely hard to plan, also since we are on a monthly billing rate this is not very good people are spending a lot of money on a month they were expecting release for there not only not to be a release but for there to be no communication. We have been waiting for a stable release with all the features eg. changing the splash screen to send our game to publishers. Buildbox 3 is now 100+ Days late. If you expect yours customers to stay we need something from the team soon regarding when we can expect Buildbox 3. I may be wrong but had the no weekly updates stopped? I am not annoyed that it is late just annoyed that we don’t know when it’s coming out.

nizarawi likes this.
  2. thatguyminib

thatguyminib Serious Boxer

They have been doing a bi-weekly dev blog but missed it this week. Honestly, they probably won't give out a date because that way they won't feel pressure and can try to make sure the product is released when ready.

Now with that being said, I do agree with what you are saying about the money situation. I have been subbed since September just because of the promise that BB3 will be a 3d codeless engine that will be great for non-coders and so far this is not entirely true and it is what I have been paying for. Now i know people will say, oh but you are playing for BB2 and not BB3, which I don't see that as how it is. I see that I am paying for Buildbox as a whole and BB3 is apart of that subscription. So far we were promised it would be ready for release by the end of last year and that did not happen, which is understandable because even the RC's are nowhere near release state in my opinion. So I guess you can say I paid 199$ in hopes that BB3 will become easy to use a codeless engine that we were told it would be, but we are 7 months since then and it has yet been able to live up to it.

3. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

they are in final stage to release it
    https://web.facebook.com/watch/?v=2253256374941165

R Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 11.47.18 PM.png

4. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

I cant wait to see what @thatguyminib is going to respond to this ...

5. thatguyminib

Lol, I won't even comment on that video above.

Also, it is good they are in the final stages but honestly I still feel they are a couple months out. They need to nail this release because if they don't I sense a lot of unhappy/upset customers.

@rizwanashraf lol I'm trying to hold back. I really am.

rizwanashraf likes this.
  6. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

i am not teasing you but oh wait what?!!!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  7. thatguyminib

Lol, I am fine with them taking their time. As long as it is released before my subscription is up and is a good product I'm good. Also I am not new to the bb community been around for a bit ;).

rizwanashraf and Bilz636 like this.
  8. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

That is utterly Disgusting you make fun of new boxers like that. Delete that please. We respect each other new or old here. Thanks.

9. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

I know you do, you really do .. :)

10. Bilz636

Bilz636 Avid Boxer

i wasn't making fun of any new boxers. Anyway i deleted it sorry if you or someone felt bad.