Supporting Different Screen Sizes

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Forgive, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Forgive

Forgive Boxer

Hi everyone,

I created buildbox game, I added some platforms to game area.

[​IMG]

In fact, for iPhone 5 There is no problem as you see in the picture.

[​IMG]

For iPhone 4 there is space in screen below.
    [​IMG]

I want to make it like iPhone 5. I do not want space. So how can I solve this problem? Thanks.

Screen adjustment is : fit to width.

Thanks for any response.

2. rcruz82

rcruz82 Boxer

Try Screen adjustment set to auto. I had an issue with the iPhone XS and auto solved it for me. Good luck!

Forgive likes this.
  3. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Buildbox will auto scale to each screen’s size, however it is is important to use critical design, especially in relation to tablets if supporting them since their screen size ratio is much more square versus the more rectangular phones. See below for our best advice on optimization across devices:

Note the background objects should not contain elements that require critical placement, unless you have accounted for the difference in screen sizes.

Any critical background elements should be added as objects (decorations) instead. Then you need to determine if they should be placed relative to the screen edges or centered. Only items that are placed relative to screen edges should have stick to edge checked.

Any other elements most likely you will need to uncheck that. Buildbox makes some improvements in this area in the way you can now set screen adjustment under project setting, but paying attention to the above points still and always will apply.

Forgive likes this.