Ball Flipper Template - Question

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by Tonyfisher6379, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Tonyfisher6379

Tonyfisher6379 Boxer

Hey gang, I am trying to wrap my brain around the functions in some of the templates.
    Could someone explain to me what the process is in the "Ball Flipper" template that signifies that the scene is over? Like what is the driver that pushes the objective to be met?

I am totally new to the nodes, etc, and I am seriously trying to force my brain through this process.

Thanks in advance.

2. Tonyfisher6379

Tonyfisher6379 Boxer

3. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

There is a 'game over' event observer in the UI menu. But the game over is driven by the sphere colliding with the red line.

So the Sphere has the nodes as shown by using the 'if collide' with - in this case the line (the red line at the bottom), to trigger the game over event. The 'In/Out' is a short delay of X seconds before triggering the game over, so that the explosion animation can be played.

Attached Files:

4. Tonyfisher6379

Tonyfisher6379 Boxer

Copy that - I understand that and Thank you very much for the response.
    My curiosity was focused more on the sequence of events happening when all of the boxes "flip", hence successfully completing the scene.

My apologies for not clarifying this. and thank you for the response.

5. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

This is done with the new node 'Send' and 'receive'. It looks like green cube SENDS the signal to the sphere, which triggers the win condition.

Looking at the cube, IF collide with Sphere - the ball - the Threshold is 1. Basically scoring 1 point for each hit. The SEND part is set to Collision(names MUST match in the Receive Node). The ADD POINT node is there for the UI score.

In the Sphere the receive node name Collision takes that threshold data. However, here the limit is set to 5, so if it receives 5 points, it will trigger the win condition at the bottom. If you set this to 10, it will require 10 hits to trigger. The state machine acts like the middle man when sending all the data to the relevant nodes.

Tonyfisher6379 likes this.
  6. Tonyfisher6379

Tonyfisher6379 Boxer

Perfect explanation - Thank you very much!

spicedbeangames likes this.