Heyzap + Admob (android) Confusion???

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Larry Pendleton, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Larry Pendleton

Larry Pendleton Boxer

Hey guys and gals, I have spent a few days this past week implementing an Admob banner, insterstital and a reward video for my android game. The process has involved using AdMob + Heyzap (which is now Fyber / Fairbid).

I wanted to point out, I have setup everything in my game to monetize Heyzap correctly, and my Android Studio build, and through testing, the game is displaying all 3 ad types correctly as well (tested on a Note 4 and an S6, both successful).

The reason I am posting this thread is I have a couple of questions regarding the mediation setup and why ads are working based on a limited setup.

So 1st question, outside of game development, Mediation sites such as (AdMob, Fyber / Fairbid) what is the difference? I know I have monetized AdMob in all my games in the past, but I don't know what HeyZap (Fairbid / Fyber) differs from Admob mediation itself? I am assuming the only reason I am using HeyZap is because BB only offers this (and Custom) as a selection in the drop down, for advertising in the game engine itself. Outside of this, I have always used "only" AdMob for advertsing. To go with this, now I have Revenue earnings on both sites for HeyZap & AdMob. This I don't get, how exactly is this going to work, being I am only using AdMob generated ads (which are setup on the AdMob site), who of the mediation groups will be paying, AdMob or HeyZap or both?

2nd question, and this is confusion as to why I am even displaying ads, based on according to the documentation here: https://developers.heyzap.com/docs/android_sdk_setup_and_requirements

I have only performed steps 1-3 (minus the part in step 3 regarding an exception rule for best performing video ads), so what am I missing here? Why am I even displaying ads correctly if I have only performed only a few steps of the Fairbid SDK setup?

This is really why I am making this post, I mean, def not complaining and excited ads are showing with very little setup involved, but over my years of development, things like this have always worried me. It's always the unknowns in game development that come back to haunt you, and I don't want this to be the case with how I have setup my ads for my game.

I would like to apologize for my lack of knowledge in these matters, but I thank you all in advance for your knowledge, insight and comments.

-Larry

2. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Here's a tutorial on Heyzap mediation and placements:

3. Larry Pendleton

Larry Pendleton Boxer

Thanks, yeah I've watched this, but this is iOS and xCode, not Android and Android Studio.

4. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

Hi Larry. As far as I know, Admob earnings will be paid by admob, and it's just reflected in the Heyzap. If you're using only Admob in the mediation, just use Admob ads by itself, because mediation is supposedly to have your ad networks compete and display the highest earning ads.

5. adityarevankar

adityarevankar Boxer

I waited for some days and there is no monetize option in buildbox 3d please help me because the support is not responding at all. please tell me any other option than waiting.

6. SJO

SJO Boxer

Support never responds.

APP-STOLZ likes this.
  7. Gunvir

Gunvir Boxer

Buildbox 3 how do you put ads with ad mob also for ANDROID PLZZZZZZZZZ