Buildbox Feature Requests

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by ZackGriset, Mar 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

a node in BB3 that can set Variables
    For Score - So we can calculate if users collected X Coins then it needs to double for the rest unless user misses one point.
    For Speed - So it can be modified via distance or score counts for Move/Jump/Rotate.

Praaaytogod likes this.
  2. Crooklyn

Crooklyn Boxer

Hey Team BB,

I was wondering if finally BB2 will have an actual stand alone health bar instead of hacking it with the points trick. I have been running into issues and bugs while using this current hack. Plus it takes away from using points as its own function in BB2. It would be great to have it as a stand alone/preset so it functions on its own. Is this something that will be added to BB2? I really hope so.

Thanks,
    Jason

3. nizarawi

nizarawi Boxer

Request : google stadia support

already supported by unity and unreal engine

4. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

Support for Facebook instant games that’s very important a new market with huge demande still it will need html5 export.

5. waqas ahmed

waqas ahmed Boxer

Kindly let us add our ads like in buildbox 2d by just simply attaching ids in settings.

Gray Studio likes this.
  6. Snozzberry

Snozzberry Avid Boxer

Hey guys. Small request for change. This may not be a bother for anyone without ADD but I will throw it out there.

Working in 3D space within Buildbox gets me a little dizzy sometimes, especially when laying scenes out in different orientations. For me it would help if X, Y, and Z fields in the properties window were indicated by color as well as the axis letter. I know that BB probably has a style guideline and colors might really stick out in a way that they don't want but maybe it can be indicated subtly as I illustrated in the attached picture.

If someone with a bunch of energy feels inspired to say "You should know that XYZ is red...blah blah" you can save your reply. It's just a suggestion for us that have bad eyes and broken brains.
    BB properties.PNG

king-hamdo, ash_white and PunkPuffin like this.
  7. Stryder

Stryder Boxer

Can we get a node update for the Starting Splash Screen? I love Buildbox but I want to replace the splash screen but cannot.

ash_white likes this.
  8. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

We have a fix/added this functionality already and are testing it, it will be coming in the next update. We appreciate your patience

Stryder likes this.
  9. Stryder

Stryder Boxer

Thank you, Sean!

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  10. ash_white

ash_white Boxer

Volumetric fog/lighting would be awesome.

Zyl likes this.
  11. ash_white

ash_white Boxer

Particles for effects like rain, explosions and magic stuff... that last one is the technical term, I believe ;)

Zyl likes this.
  12. Foulfingers

Foulfingers Boxer

1. Options when using the accelerometer to set the orientation to either horizontal, vertical, or custom (based on how the player desires to hold their phone)
    2. Ability to simply add a points and/or coin value to objects and enemies.
    • I know there are workarounds for this by pasting a coin/point action into the destroyed animation of the enemy, but it has its limitations and is highly runtime inefficient. In certain instances it will destroy the frame rate and turn the game into a slideshow, I've shared files and examples helping to detail this to the team via the Support e-mail.
    • It's possible to have hundreds of enemies on the screen with negligible or no noticeable slowdown, but as soon as a coin/point is pasted into the enemy death there's a very noticeable performance hit, and it gets significantly worse the larger the collision coin/point being placed.
    • It'd be wonderful if we could simply assign this like we're able to assign Health and Damage.
    3. make Power Up Magnets work on Coin/Points spawned from within an enemy death.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  13. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Asked four weeks ago. Answer : it will be ready soon, hopefully next week.

14. Autistom

Autistom Boxer

Hi. It would be useful, if one could have multiple Buildbox projects opened at once. For example when when you are still learning and want to be able to see and check Mind maps of the template games and use bits of them in your new default project etc.

Zyl and BTC Studio like this.
  15. BTC Studio

BTC Studio Boxer

Agreed, this would be very helpful!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.