Well it was fun for a bit

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by ruhm64, Jan 6, 2016.

?

Should subscribers have a better cover on documentation?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

Was anyone part of Game Academy? I was.

2. colette_levesque

colette_levesque Boxer

Maybe you can find someone to team up with to make a game. You can help each other in the process and give this one last shot. Make a very simple but original endless game that doesn't require lots of scenes. I wish you the best of luck in whatever direction you choose to go.

pfg215 likes this.
  3. sappz

sappz Guest

@andre_sprs Spoken to her already, she was very friendly and tried to help as much as she could. But was restricted by Buildbox management rules to not take specific decisions. Where as, if we look at BB's price, it should probably help out the customers in every way possible, especially in matters like helping customers purchase the software.

4. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

I am waiting on my last game to be approved by Apple. It is a short one, never-ending. Has an in-app purchase to unlock more skins. I don't think anyone wants to team up. I have been there and done that. Just not good enough overall. I asked about more documentation for the simple fact that not every has anyone but themselves, like myself. It would be a great thing if BB was better than just putting out games for the iOS easily. Just my opinion. I know some of the mods and users feel otherwise. Which is fine. I can't keep dumping money into this if there is little support/knowledge-base and ROI (Return On Investment) is horrible.

5. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Oh man that is sad to hear.
    Though sounds like myself 6 months ago, eclipse and android can be a bitch. Then all of a sudden for me things started to work.
    After lots of frustration with android and nearly giving up, and lots of researching as you have done on searching stack overflow and help documentations, Not sure what really happened or how, but eclipse and android worked.
    Unlike apple and Xcode that just works all the time for me, i really struggled with google developer docs.
    From memory i deleted all of eclipse. Took a chill pill, and started again from scratch, re installed everything, took my time and it worked, i still think i did nothing different than the time before but it worked.
    And for getting google play leader boards to work, well that was the same story.
    Mate if you need a hand I'm willing to try and help.
    Not sure but hopefully we can help you.

ruhm64 likes this.
  6. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Well @ruhm64 I agree with you on one thing. For such amount for license, we need a BuildBox University specifically to help investors like us build games with ease by showing us how to make basic games with each presets, including in-dept documentation.

ruhm64 and playsgames6666 like this.
  7. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

I did that today and Eclipse Juno, which is what I had to begin with, is not opening the Android stuff like it should. I did the little walkthrough on what was new and it didn't do a damn thing for me. But I did take a chill pill and got the iPad layout not showing correctly fixed. So I got that taken care of. LOL

playsgames6666 likes this.
  8. playsgames6666

playsgames6666 Miniboss Boxer

Thats good on the iPad bit, i still haven't worked that out lol,
    should look at it one day i guess.

9. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

I know I sound like a whiny baby but the whole premise this is sold on is the fact you don't have to have any coding or game dev knowledge. If this was out like 7 years ago, when the app market just started and the people were wanting something like this so bad, there would be major problems with false advertisement.

10. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

For iPad I made my screens on AI and then exported to PNG which was like 7500X5000 pixels. LOL. 2040 is the largest BB goes. So did the proper resize and added very little that was not text fields. Then just had to tweak the placements for the buttons.

playsgames6666 likes this.
  11. darone

darone Boxer

@ruhm64, i was part of game academy :)

ruhm64 likes this.
  12. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

ruhm64 likes this.
  13. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

ruhm64 likes this.
  14. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

Yes my crazy rant is over, I am stuck here with everyone else. I just know that to find/get help it is kind of a pain. The Eclipse/Android stuff pushed me over the line. I apologize for being a jerk but I still stand by my lack of documentation that is up-to-date. Not to mention bugs in BB but that is something we all work around.

15. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

Granjur????

16. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

Not doing that. Not unless support tells me that is the last resort.

17. sysads

sysads Serious Boxer

Actually tell me what the eclipse issue is?

18. VectologyGames

VectologyGames Serious Boxer

This is actually what Trey suggested in his training series.

ruhm64 likes this.
  19. ruhm64

ruhm64 Avid Boxer

I know but I got the feeling from Granjur that if there are errors and the apps crash, they don't do anything about it. I have no problem listing my apps it is just making them not crash or stopping, unfortunately... (Android Message Favorite).

20. hokuto_tc

hokuto_tc Boxer

Why would you give you app to Granger, what do they do for you?